Subject: Re: [dbound] On a path to closing

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 09:53:51 -0500

On 11 Jan 2017, at 10:33, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> I've discussed how to move forward with the WG chairs. They will post 
> a
> detailed proposal. Stay tuned.

Your chairs met with our AD this week. We (the chairs) see no 
significant convergence of the (very small number of) active folks 
indicating they are interested in working on any particular proposals, 
and we don't see any outside support for this work beyond, "Yes, if you 
do one of these things, we'd be interested". Without that convergence or 
support, we do not see anything useful about keeping the WG open and 
have recommended to our AD that we shut down without completing our work 
items. As for the documents that have been submitted for working group 
consideration, the chairs will not be advocating for publication of any 
of them via the working group.  The authors are free to petition the ADs 
to sponsor them, or are free to consider other publication avenues such 
as the Independent Stream. Obviously if folks want to make the argument 
to the AD that they have a way to productively re-charter, I'm sure he'd 
be happy to hear that, but we don't see the current charter completing.

Pete & Murray