Subject: recent slowdown in routing table growth

From: "Paul Francis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 14:26:47 -0800

[ post by non-subscriber.  with the massive amount of spam, it is easy to miss
  and therefore delete posts by non-subscribers.  if you wish to regularly
  post from an address that is not subscribed to this mailing list, send a
  message to <listname>[email-masked] and ask to have the alternate
  address added to the list of addresses from which submissions are
  automatically accepted. ]

I was just looking at a BGP FIB size growth chart and noticed that there was
a dip followed by slowed growth around the middle of 1991.

What caused that?

PF

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:40:50 +0200 (EET)

> a dip followed by slowed growth around the middle of 1991.
                                                       ^^^^

you call that recent? :-)

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

---

From: "Paul Francis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 08:15:35 -0800

I'm sorry, I meant middle of 2001.

PF