Subject: [drinks] DRAFT minutes of DRINKS design team call Oct. 18 2012

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 06:53:29 +0000

DRAFT minutes of the DRINKS design team call Oct 18, 2012
========================================================

Participants
------------

- Syed Ali
- Dean Willis
- David Schwartz
- Alex Mayrhofer
Apologies
---------

- Sumanth Channabasappa
- Vikas Bhatia
ACTION ITEMS
============

1/ Vikas to send out updated draft of -03 to the design team by later today (DONE as
   of this writing)
2/ Design team to review that version, as well as the protocol draft
3/ Clarify "case insensitive" (Alex)

Minutes
-------

Alex opens the meeting, has compiled list of WGLC comments that were received, wants
to get an overview of what has been included in the framework doc already. Syed says
he's working through the mails, and will provide a new proposed -03 draft version
later today.

Alex has created a short paragraph about extensibility, and also addressed some
of Andrew's comments.

Andrew's WGLC comments on the framework document are being reviewed:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/drinks/current/msg01226.html

- Time Values: group agrees to replace "discouraged" with "disallowed", but feels
that the restriction regarding time zone digits shall be kept.

- Section 4.6.: MAY NOT is lowercased.

- OrgIdType: SHOULD is replaced by MUST - David notes he's a big fan of MUSTs anyway,
and SHOULDs must have very strong reasons.

- Case insensitivity: Theres some discussion around this point, since much more
complicated text was in place before this single sentence was created. Some discussions
about changing to case sensitive takes place, Alex notes he does not want to do such a
significant change now. The team agrees that this sentence requires some clarification,
but language specifics such as noted by Andrew are hard to come by. Proposal is to create
text that clearly specifies what "case insensitive" means.

- Message types: The design decision here was done mostly to accomodate other protocols/formats
such as RESTful HTTP specifically, where message types could look completely different (hence
delegating to transport). The team agrees to change the "SHOULDs" to "MUSTs".

- Hostname: Changed to "root-relative"

- IpAddress: Clarification needed that this is for glue record purpose only, no change to
text needed?

- Object deletion / cascading: Yes, this was a design decision long time ago. If some
clarification is needed, it needs to go into the Security Considerations section
(which, however, elaborates about DoS situations with large requests already)..

Next steps:

1/ Another call tomorrow (Oct 19, 10am eastern) - Alex sent announcement
2/ Syed to work changes into the doc, and sent out new version to the team
3/ Work towards submission of drafts before the IETF 85 deadline

Meeting concludes at 4:45.