Subject: [drinks] DRINKS design team call minutes from Oct 11 2012

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 10:45:51 +0000

DRINKS design team call Oct 11, 2012
====================================

4pm - 4:30pm

Participants
------------

- Syed Ali
- Dean Willis
- Alex Mayrhofer

Apologies
---------

- Sumanth Channabasappa
- Vikas Bhatia

Minutes
-------

Syed (in charge up updating the framework draft) - will hopefully send out an updated
document by tomorrow. Alex could then add his extensibility text, and agrees to do so.

The team reviews Vikas' proposed changes to the document - people on the call
are OK with those changes. There is some discussion about the TLS requirement,
and whether this is practical in eg. private scenarios.

Alex noted that extensibility is underspecified. Dean proposes to create a
one-sentence paragraph: for an extension be a "standard" it needs to be
documented in an RFC, and the first of these specifications might need
to create an IANA registry to manage the list of extensions.

Next call: Thur, Oct 17th, 4pm - 5pm eastern - All participants confirm availability.