Subject: [Forces-protocol] Protocol Scenarios: topic 4b

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:33:59 -0700

They say pictures speak better than words, here they are... :-)

    Association Establishment Phase
                    FE PL                  CE PL
                     |                       |                       
                     |   Join Req            |  
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Join Resp           | 
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       |  
                     |    Capability Req     |  
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       |  
                     |     Capability Resp   |  
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Topo QUERY Req      |  
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Topo QUERY Resp     |  
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |        UP             |    
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |    ACTIVATE           |  
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       | 

    Steady State communication phase
                   FE PL                   CE PL 
                     |                       |  
                     |    Heart Beat         |  
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Heart Beat          | 
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Configure Req       |  
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Configure Resp      |  
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Event Register Req  |  
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Event Register Resp |  
                     |---------------------->|
                     |                       |  
                     | Aysnc Event Notice    |  
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |   Query Req           | 
                     |<----------------------|  
                     |                       |  
                     |    Query Resp         | 
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  
                     |Control Packet Redirect|
                     |---------------------->|  
                     |                       |  

Hope these are self-explanatory, let me know if there are any
questions/comments,

Enjoy,
Hormuzd

_______________________________________________
Forces-protocol mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/forces-protocol

---

From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Apr 2004 08:14:23 -0400

>     Association Establishment Phase

Other than Join, the rest of those messages in my opinion should be 
available even post-establishment.
Example i should be able to activate/deactivate at any time or
periodically ask for topology etc. Additionaly, direction of FE->CE
could happen at any point as an event IMO; example a new LFB added to FE
it may wanna tell the CE about it instead of waiting to be asked by the 
CE.

>     Steady State communication phase

These do look fine. 
Could you post details on all these messages as you see them with a
warning that please stay off FACT? ;-> I know its a lot of work, but you
have been doing fine so far ;->
I am going to be a little overwhelmed next two days with customer visit
so latency may be introduced in my responses. I will try my best to
respond within 1-2 hours. 

cheers,
jamal