Subject: [Forces-protocol] topic 4c: Common Header

From: "Khosravi, Hormuzd M" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 19:18:01 -0700

Here is a summary of our discussion so far on the common header...
The fields in the common header that there was consensus around are as
follows,

IDs: CE ID, FE ID (Used to address a single, group or all CEs/FEs
respectively)

Length: 16-32 bits...TBD

Version/sub-ver: 4 bits

Sequence No. : 32 bits

Length : 16 bits

Command Type : 8 bits (semantics - TBD)

Flags: 16 bits, including 1-3 bits for Priority. (The semantics/length
of Flags and Priority fields is TBD)

LFB TypeID: TBD, no consensus on whether it is needed or not in the
header

------------------
Based on our latest discussion, I think we have decided to use Src ID,
Dst ID fields in the common header instead of CEID, FEID, where a SrcID
can be either CEID or FEID, same for Dst ID.
The only other outstanding issue remaining is LFB Type ID. Could team
members pls post their thoughts on this ??
 
Thanks
Hormuzd