Subject: [netext] use-cases of draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 12:07:20 +0100

Hi Tele and Sri,

The WG has decided to specify the flow mobility without LMA-Initiated
handover. However, section 6 (use-cases) of
draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support focuses only on
LMA-initiated handover. I'm not saying that LMA-Initiated use-case is
irrelevant and I've no problem to include it in the document dealing
with LI support. But for the sake of consistency with the solution
draft, I think that draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-support should
also cover MN-initiated handovers. What do you think?

BR,
Pierrick

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 07:03:36 -0800

Hi Pierrick,

Section 6, is listing three scenarios where logical interface is relevant,
as a set of example use-cases.

1. Multihoming Support (what is specified in RFC5213)
2. Inter-technology handovers (what is specified in RFC 5213)
3. Flow Mobility (Carlos Doc ..)

#1 and #2 have no discussion/relation on the LMA initiated signaling. The UE
brings up one interface and does an handoff to a different interface, or
brings up a new interface. There is no LMA initiated signaling from LMA to
MAG. #3 covers about flow mobility. There I believe some text which talks
about signaling, which we need to fix.

>From logical interface draft perspective, the draft only deals with the
interface abstraction and ND interworking, it should not be aware of
signaling aspects, LMA-initiated or MAG initiated. At an point, it
attaches/detaches an interface to the network and how the logical interface
construct hides these different interfaces and presents a single logical
interface to the applications.

I will fix text in #3.

Regards
Sri

On 2/7/12 3:07 AM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> netext mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netext

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 16:06:56 +0100

Ok, Thanks.

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Sri Gundavelli [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Envoyé : mercredi 8 février 2012 16:04
> À : SEITE Pierrick RD-RESA-REN; [email-masked]
> Objet : Re: [netext] use-cases of draft-ietf-netext-logical-interface-
> support
> 
> Hi Pierrick,
>