Subject: [netext] RFC 6463 on Runtime Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) Assignment Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:47:55 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6463

        Title:      Runtime Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) 
                    Assignment Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    S. Gundavelli, H. Yokota,
                    X. Cui
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      22
        Characters: 50702
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-netext-redirect-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6463.txt

This document describes a runtime local mobility anchor assignment
functionality and corresponding mobility options for Proxy Mobile
IPv6.  The runtime local mobility anchor assignment takes place
during a Proxy Binding Update and a Proxy Binding Acknowledgement
message exchange between a mobile access gateway and a local mobility
anchor.  The runtime local mobility anchor assignment functionality
defined in this specification can be used, for example, for load-
balancing purposes.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Network-Based Mobility Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC