Subject: [netext] Last Call: <draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-08.txt> (Localized Routing for Proxy Mobile IPv6) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 06:52:16 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Network-Based Mobility
Extensions WG (netext) to consider the following document:
- 'Localized Routing for Proxy Mobile IPv6'
  <draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr-08.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-02-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Proxy Mobile IPv6 (PMIPv6) is a network based mobility management
   protocol that enables IP mobility for a host without requiring its
   participation in any mobility-related signaling.  PMIPv6 requires all
   communications to go through the local mobility anchor.  As this can
   be suboptimal, localized routing (LR) allows mobile nodes attached to
   the same or different mobile access gateways to route traffic by
   using localized forwarding or a direct tunnel between the gateways.
   This document proposes initiation, utilization and termination
   mechanisms for localized routing between mobile access gateways
   within a proxy mobile IPv6 domain.  It defines two new signaling
   messages, Localized Routing Initiation (LRI) and Local Routing
   Acknowledgment (LRA), that are used to realize this mechanism.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netext-pmip-lr/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.