Subject: [netext] Review of draft-ietf-netext-pmipv6-sipto-option-03

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 08:58:09 +0100

Hi,

Some additional comments after a quick review of the draft:

- Section 3.1: I think there is a problem with the references, because
it appears in thge text: "If the received Proxy Binding Update includes
the IP Traffic Offload Selector option Section 4". I guess it should
say: "If the received Proxy Binding Update includes the IP Traffic
Offload Selector option (Section 4)". There are more instances referring
to other sections.

- Section 4. The IPTS options has the field "TS Format", which resembles
the option defined in RFC 6089 for the traffic selector sub-option, and
in this way re-uses the binary TS defined for IPv4 in RFC 6088. However,
the draft defines a new IANA space for this "TS Format" field, which
might be a bit confusing. Can we just re-use RFC 6089 space (now it only
has three values reserved: "0" that should not be used, and "1" for
binary TS IPv4, and "2" for binary TS IPv6)? I think we would avoid some
redundancy that might lead to confusion. If we do that, the draft would
probably need to define a flag or something to catch what it is now done
by putting a "TS Format" equal to "0".

- By doing offloading, there are issues associated to handovers (if the
mobile node moves, any traffic that was being offloaded would need to be
restarted). I guess some text on that would be helfpul.

Hope this helps,

Carlos

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano  http://www.netcom.it.uc3m.es/
GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67

---

From: Sri Gundavelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 21:45:29 -0800

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for the review. Please see inline ...

> Offload Selector option (Section 4)". There are more instances referring

Thanks. Fixed it.

> by putting a "TS Format" equal to "0".

This is a very good point. Fixed it.

> restarted). I guess some text on that would be helfpul.

Sure. Added couple of lines of text on this.

Regards
Sri