Subject: [Agentx] Need help with AgentX development

From: "sriram_subramanian " <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 21:07:00 +0530

Hi,

I want to use the AgentX framework to build a subagent. I was looking at the code in the /net-snmp/agent/mibgroup/agentx directory, which is part of the net-snmp 5.0.8 package. I also went through RFC 2741. 
I'm still not clear how to go about building a subagent. Can someone please point me in the right direction ?

Thanks,
Sriram 
-- 
______________________________________________
http://www.indiainfo.com
Now with POP3/SMTP access for only US$14.95/yr

Powered by Outblaze

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:32:04 -0700

>>>>> On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 21:07:00 +0530, "sriram_subramanian " <[email-masked]> said:

sriram> I want to use the AgentX framework to build a subagent. I was
sriram> looking at the code in the /net-snmp/agent/mibgroup/agentx
sriram> directory, which is part of the net-snmp 5.0.8 package. I also
sriram> went through RFC 2741. I'm still not clear how to go about
sriram> building a subagent. Can someone please point me in the right
sriram> direction ?

If you want help with the code related to the Net-SNMP package, I'd
suggest you look at their site for the documentation (specifically,
you might start with the toolkit tutorial that provides agentx
examples at http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial-5/toolkit/ ).  For issues
with respect to how the protocol itself works, this is the proper
place to ask questions.

-- 
"In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap,
 and much more difficult to find."  -- Terry Pratchett

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 09:32:04 -0700