Subject: [Dcrup] Ben Campbell's Yes on draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 19:10:13 -0700

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage-04: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-usage/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-4: "Verifiers MUST verify using rsa-sha256."

Should this say "...MUST be able to..."? That is, am I correct in assuming that
a verifier will use the scheme specified by the signer if it is capable of
doing so, and that it doesn't make sense to try to verify with rsa-sha256 if
the signer used something else?