Subject: [Dcrup] IETF 100 Agenda

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 23:00:30 -0700

Colleagues,

We have a half hour on Wednesday morning assigned to a DCRUP meeting.
We're behind on publishing an agenda.  Our apologies.

As I understand it (and having re-read the list since our last meeting) the
only thing we appear not to have decided is whether to support both ED25519
and RSAFP, which affects the content of draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-crypto (by
about half), and the biggest open question is library support for the
former and whether a pre-hash version is expected to be available.  Please
correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Someone was going to ping the crypto library implementers and find out
their likely path.  Did we ever get an answer on that?

John, would you like to lead the discussion?

Do we need any time on draft-ietf-dcrup-dkim-ecc, or does that really
depend on the answers to the above?

-MSK

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 13:02:26 +0000

*   Someone was going to ping the crypto library implementers and find out their likely path.  Did we ever get an answer on that?

I can answer for openssl:  no plans to do “prehash”

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 5 Nov 2017 15:53:20 -0000

>correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Seems right.  Per later discussion it seems pretty clear that if we do
ed25519, we need to double hash if we ever want it to be implemented.

>John, would you like to lead the discussion?

Like to?  Not exactly but I'm certainly willing to do so.

>depend on the answers to the above?

I think Scott said that events overtook that draft, and we have
general agreement that if we add an elliptic algorithm, the one in RFC
8032 is the one to use.

R's,
John