Subject: [Hipsec] Multicast for HIP

From: John William Atwood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 19:31:45 -0400

Hello,

My name is Bill Atwood.  My area of interest is Multicast Security.

I have a colleague who is a professor at a university in China.  His
name is Xueyong Zhu.  He visited me for a year as a PostDoctoral fellow,
and we worked together on the application of HIP in the area of
multicasting; specifically on the use of HIP to securely identify the
end users, and therefore allow the Network Service Provider to extract a
revenue stream from them.

Since then Xueyong has been working on various aspects of this problem
with other colleagues at his university.  He recently sent me a
preliminary Internet Draft with the title "Protocol Independent
Multicast-Host Identity Mode (PIM-HIM): Protocol Specification".

There appears to be no HIP working group meeting at the Vancouver IETF. 
I would like to have a face-to-face discussion with anyone interested in
the topic of multicast in HIP.  This message is to ask that you contact
me (off list or on list) to determine a mutually convenient time.  I
will be free:
During the Sunday reception
Monday afternoon (11:30 to 15:30)
Tuesday morning (until 1030)
Tuesday afternoon (after 1500, until the social event)
most of Wednesday (until the plenary).
Subject, of course, to any changes in the WG meeting times.

I have put the draft that Xueyong sent me on my web page at
http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill/internet-drafts/draft-zhu-hip-pim-him-00-1.doc. 
Note that this is a Word .doc file, and represents a very preliminary
version of the draft.  (It would not pass IDnits.)

Please confirm whether there could be an opportunity to meet with
someone from the active HIP participants.  If so, then hopefully we can
work out a mutually convenient time to have a face-to-face discussion. 
For a photo, see my main web page (URL below).

Bill

Dr. J.W. Atwood, Eng.             tel:   +1 (514) 848-2424 x3046
Distinguished Professor Emeritus  fax:   +1 (514) 848-2830
Department of Computer Science
   and Software Engineering
Concordia University EV 3.185     email:[email-masked]
1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West    http://users.encs.concordia.ca/~bill
<http://users.encs.concordia.ca/%7Ebill>
Montreal, Quebec Canada H3G 1M8