Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:43:22 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Host Identity Protocol Version 2 (HIPv2)
	Author(s)       : Robert Moskowitz
                          Tobias Heer
                          Petri Jokela
                          Thomas R. Henderson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-09.txt
	Pages           : 124
	Date            : 2012-07-16

Abstract:
   This document specifies the details of the Host Identity Protocol
   (HIP).  HIP allows consenting hosts to securely establish and
   maintain shared IP-layer state, allowing separation of the identifier
   and locator roles of IP addresses, thereby enabling continuity of
   communications across IP address changes.  HIP is based on a SIGMA-
   compliant Diffie-Hellman key exchange, using public key identifiers
   from a new Host Identity namespace for mutual peer authentication.
   The protocol is designed to be resistant to denial-of-service (DoS)
   and man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks.  When used together with
   another suitable security protocol, such as the Encapsulated Security
   Payload (ESP), it provides integrity protection and optional
   encryption for upper-layer protocols, such as TCP and UDP.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5201 and addresses the concerns raised by
   the IESG, particularly that of crypto agility.  It also incorporates
   lessons learned from the implementations of RFC 5201.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-09

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-rfc5201-bis-09

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/