Subject: [Hipsec] I-D Action: draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 02:58:33 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Host Identity Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : Native NAT Traversal Mode for the Host Identity Protocol
        Authors         : Ari Keranen
                          Jan Melén
                          Miika Komu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-15.txt
	Pages           : 52
	Date            : 2017-02-01

Abstract:
   This document specifies a new Network Address Translator (NAT)
   traversal mode for the Host Identity Protocol (HIP).  The new mode is
   based on the Interactive Connectivity Establishment (ICE) methodology
   and UDP encapsulation of data and signaling traffic.  The main
   difference from the previously specified modes is the use of HIP
   messages for all NAT traversal procedures.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-15

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-hip-native-nat-traversal-15

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 13:14:05 +0200

Hi,

as you can see the diff link below, this version includes some minor 
editorial nits, but also some additional text in this section:

4.2. Transport Address Candidate Gathering

The priority and RTO calculation formulas from the ICE specification are 
repeated here.

Unless there are further comments, I would suggest moving the draft to 
last call.

On 02/01/2017 12:58 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Hipsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hipsec
>

---

From: Jeff Ahrenholz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2017 16:06:30 +0000

Hi Miika,
It looks good to me. I agree on moving to last call, pending further comments.

Spotted one typo in the new text:
s/Eeach/each/ local address candidate MUST ...

-Jeff

On 2/1/17, 3:14 AM, "Hipsec on behalf of Miika Komu" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi,

---

From: Miika Komu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 13:49:34 +0200

Hi Jeff,

thanks for quick feedback, fixed this in version 16.