Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:32:42 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Over Fibre Channel Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Fibre Channel MIBs
	Author(s)	: M. Carlson, G. Bowlby, L. Hu
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-03.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 17-Jul-00
	
This document discusses technical issues and requirements for the
management information base (MIB) for Fibre Channel and storage
network applications.  This document is likely to be expanded to
include management of specific Fibre Channel device types in the
future. The purpose is to have an overall structure and view of
Fibre Channel MIBs for consistency and interoperability. This
document does not try to cover the details of each individual MIB.
This is an initial draft document, which will evolve and expand
over time. It is the intent of this document to produce a coherent
description of a framework for various MIB development which was
and is being considered by the working group.  Selection of
specific approaches, making choices regarding engineering tradeoffs,
and detailed protocol specification, are outside of the scope of
this framework document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Rodriguez, Elizabeth G (Elizabeth)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 09:20:58 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 5:33 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Over Fibre Channel Working Group of the
IETF.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:04:06 -0500