Subject: Adresss Change and IPOverFC Status

From: Murali Rajagopal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 15:15:58 -0700

Dear IPFC WG Members:

Please note the change in my company affiliation, address and phone.

Murali Rajagopal
LightSand Communications
375 Los Coches Street
Milpitas, CA 95035
Phone: 408-941-2010 x164
[email-masked]

I will continue to be the IPFC WG Chair.

The exact home for FCoverIP work is under consideration by both the
INTERNET 
and TRANSPORT Groups. It is quite likely that it may be under the
IPStorage WG 
with (Fibre Channel rep.) Co-Chairs. A decision is expected to come in
sometime 
in the near future.

The T11 FC-BB WG is expected to leverage the work coming out of the
IETF.

At this time there is a requirement from the Transport Area to add
Congestion Control/Management to 
the current FCoverIP work. However, there is NO mandate to add a formal
Transport Protocol. The 
authors of the current FCOverIP draft are currently considering
alternatives to address the 
Congestion requirement. In this process, they are also looking at
available Transport protocols 
that can satisfy the congestion Managment/Control requirements.

I'll keep you'll posted on any new developments.

Regards,

Murali Rajagopal
IPFC WG Chair