Subject: FINAL IPFC WG Pittsuburgh Draft Minutes

From: "Murali Rajagopal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 09:36:05 -0700

Note: All Presentations at this meeting will be made available with IETF
Proceedings.
The following is the final minutes of the Pittsuburgh Meeting.

Agenda:

1)RFC 2625 UNH Test Report - Raj Bhagwat, LightSand Communications
Raj presented the UNH testing results and indicated that 6 companies
(Qlogic, Emulex, Brocade, Sun, Crossroads, Interphase)had
participated in the testing. A matrix of the test suites versus
partcipating companies was briefly presented. It was indicated that the
details of the testing could be found at the UNH test site
www.iol.unh.edu/testsuites/fc/IP_over_FC.html

Next Step is to submit with modifications for DRAFT STD consideration.

2)MIB Status -
a)draft-ietf-ipfc-mib-framework-02.txt : Mark Carlson, SUN Microsystems
Mark indicated that the document was complete and is ready for starting
the process of submitting it as an Informational RFC.

The Chair (Murali) indicated that the draft will sent to WG for Last
Call comments.

b)Draft-ietf-ipfc-fcmgmt-int-mib-04.txt: Jack Hardwood, EMC Corp.
Jack stated that the work was undergoing formatting changes only with
no technical content change.
Jack explained the reason for the delay in completing this work
due to the formatting changes and was targeted for completion around the Dec
2000 time frame.

c) RFC 2837 "Definitions of Managed Objects for the Fabric Element in FC
Standard" - is now a PROPOSED STD

d)Storage Library MIB (SNIA) still an unapproved work item from the
Australia WG meeting.

3) FC Over IP - draft-ietf-ipfc-fcoverip-02.txt - Raj Bhagwat, LightSand
Comm., Elizabeth Rodriguez, Lucent Tech

This presenatation was not a formal work item under this group.
At this time, it was still debated as to where it belongs.
The presentation was essentially a repeat from the last IETF meeting but
was presented by Elizabeth (Lucent) with some updates from the latest draft.

The attachement provides the details of the presentation, but much
discussion in the room was centered around retransmission of frames if a
Transport level protocol were to be used (TCP), and its effects on the
overall FC end-to-end transport. Lack of Congestion Control was brought up
as an issue and it was pointed out that inclusion of this work item under
IPS WG would be beneficial.

Murali Rajagopal
IPFC WG Chair

LightSand Communications

[email-masked]

408-941-2010 x164