Subject: [lisp] Lisp question

From: aihua zhang <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:39:30 +0800

Dear Mr./Ms.

   I'm a student of BeiJing University of Posts and
Telecommunications.currently, I read the lisp active draft. from the
reading, I've a question about the mapping database services:the CONS and
NERD draft have expired,but in the LISP（draft-farinacci-lisp-12）it also
mentions these method. I don't know whether the lisp will consider CONS and
NERD as the mapping service.please contact me,thanks.
-- 
Best regards!

Sincerely,
aiHua Zhang

State Key Lab. of Networking Technology Research Institute, BeiJing
University of Posts and Telecommunications, 100876, P.R.China
Email ：
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 09:02:43 -0400 (EDT)

> From: aihua zhang <[email-masked]>

    > I've a question about the mapping database services: the CONS and NERD
    > draft have expired ... I don't know whether the lisp will consider CONS
    > and NERD as the mapping service.

The current plan is for LISP to use ALT as the mapping service initially,
because it's a lot less work to get it running. However, ALT is seen as a
short- or medium-term solution (in part because it is re-using other things,
as opposed to being designed specifically for the purpose).

In the long term, if LISP is successful, it will probably be necessary to
deploy something else, and something like CONS could well be it. However, it
will all depend on experience.

	Noel