Subject: Re: [lisp] draft-ietf-lisp #58 (new): LISP breaking RPF and used as anonymization service (from Y. Rekhter's review)

From: "lisp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 19:57:51 -0000

#58: LISP breaking RPF and used as anonymization service (from Y. Rekhter's
review)

Changes (by yakov@…):

  * priority:  minor => major

Comment:

 The draft authors asked me to "elaborate and clarify" my concerns.

 I'd like the draft to explicitly spell out how uRPF will work in the
 presence of LISP.

 I also would like the draft to explicitly spell out whether the ubiquitous
 tunneling infrastructure used by LISP could be reused as a botnet
 anonymization service, and if yes, then what are the mechanism(s) to
 prevent this from happening.

-- 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------
Reporter:  luigi@…                        |       Owner:                 
    Type:  technical                      |      Status:  new            
Priority:  major                          |   Component:  draft-ietf-lisp
Severity:  -                              |    Keywords:                 
------------------------------------------+---------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/lisp/trac/ticket/58#comment:2>
lisp <http://tools.ietf.org/lisp/>
LISP WG document issues