Subject: Re: [lisp] EID Address space

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:46:08 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>

    > If a central authority is unavaoidable, we should probably own up
    > to that on day one.

Depends what you mean by "central authority". Does the DNS have a central
authority? Well, sort of - the root zone authority. But the DNS is not
really centralized, though, right?

(Long discussion about trust anchors, and whether LISP should support
multiple allocation verification trees overloaded onto a single allocation
tree punted until we get around to working on a LISP crypto-based
allocation verification system.)

Also, to some degree this question is really outside the scope of LISP - we
don't control how the main namespaces which LISP _currently_ works with (IPv4
and IPv6) are allocated, so if they have some sort of root authority (IANA or
whatever), with delegations, we'll surely have to have a structure which sort
of mirrors that.

	Noel

---

From: Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:05:49 -0400

Hi Noel,

> Also, to some degree this question is really outside the scope of LISP

But it may be an operational issue that early adopters should know is lurking in the weeds.

> - we

We should at least note in the spec that this bit still requires thought.

                                               Ron

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 22:06:54 -0400

Allocation startegies for EIDs are described in the deployment draft I 
believe.  have you looked at that to see if it covers what you are 
asking for?

Yours,
Joel

On 5/26/2011 12:05 PM, Ronald Bonica wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp
>