Subject: [lisp] Cache-expiration

From: Ronald Bonica <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:13:14 -0400

Folks,

>From this weekend's conversation, I glean that when a cache-entry is used, it's expiration timer is reset. Do I have this right? Is this detail captured in the documents?

If I do have this right, how does one move a popular service from one ETR to another?

                                                              Ron

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 10:23:57 -0700

> Folks,
>
> From this weekend's conversation, I glean that when a cache-entry is  
> used, it's expiration timer is reset. Do I have this right? Is this  
> detail captured in the documents?

That is up to the implementation. What the spec should say is when the  
ITR thinks it needs to remove the map-cache entry and if the entry has  
been active, it should refresh the entry and it it cache until the TTL  
timeout of the refreshed Map-Reply.

> If I do have this right, how does one move a popular service from  

Can you be more specific with your question?

Dino

>
>                                                              Ron
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp