Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:58:25 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP Map-Versioning
	Author(s)       : Luigi Iannone
                          Damien Saucez
                          Olivier Bonaventure
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-05.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2011-10-13

   This document describes the LISP (Locator/ID Separation Protocol)
   Map-Versioning mechanism, which provides in-packet information about
   Endpoint-ID to Routing Locator (EID-to-RLOC) mappings used to
   encapsulate LISP data packets.  The proposed approach is based on
   associating a version number to EID-to-RLOC mappings and transport
   such a version number in the LISP specific header of LISP-
   encapsulated packets.  LISP Map-Versioning is particularly useful to
   inform communicating Ingress Tunnel Routers (ITRs) and Egress Tunnel
   Routers (ETRs) about modifications of the mappings used to
   encapsulate packets.  The mechanism is transparent to legacy
   implementations, since in the LISP-specific header and in the Map
   Records, bits used for Map-Versioning can be safely ignored by ITRs
   and ETRs that do not support the mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-map-versioning-05.txt