Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-ms-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:14:36 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP Map Server Interface
	Author(s)       : Vince Fuller
                          Dino Farinacci
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-ms-12.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2011-10-25

   This draft describes the Maping Service for the Locator Identifier
   Separation Protocol (LISP), implemented by two new types of LISP-
   speaking devices, the LISP Map Resolver and LISP Map Server, that
   provides a simplified &quot;front end&quot; to for one or more Endpoint ID to
   Routing Locator mapping databases.

   By using this service interface and communicating with Map Resolvers
   and Map Servers, LISP Ingress Tunnel Routers and Egress Tunnel
   Routers, are not dependent on the details of mapping database
   systems, which facilitates experimentation with different database
   designs.  Since these devices implement the &quot;edge&quot; of the LISP
   infrastructure, connect directly to LISP-capable Internet end sites,
   and comprise the bulk of LISP-speaking devices, reducing their
   implementation and operational complexity should also reduce the
   overall cost and effort of deploying LISP.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-ms-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lisp-ms-12.txt