Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-deployment-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:19:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP Network Element Deployment Considerations
	Author(s)       : Lorand Jakab
                          Albert Cabellos-Aparicio
                          Florin Coras
                          Jordi Domingo-Pascual
                          Darrel Lewis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-deployment-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-09-12

Abstract:
   This document discusses the different scenarios for the deployment of
   the new network elements introduced by the Locator/Identifier
   Separation Protocol (LISP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-deployment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-deployment-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lisp-deployment-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Lori Jakab <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:24:13 -0700

This version contains mainly editorial changes, improving clarity. Also,
all references have been made informational, since this is an
informational draft.

-Lori

On 09/12/12 22:19, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:08:39 -0400

Sorry, the references are going to have to be reorganized.
Even for an Informational document (which this is and should be), there 
are normative references and informative references.

The distinction is based on whether the reference needs to be understood 
in order to understand this document.  For example, the base LISP spec 
(or possibly just the Intro document, or Intro + Architecture?) need to 
be understood by the reader for this to make any sense.  As such, that 
(or those) are normative references.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: Lori Jakab <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:14:57 -0700

On 09/13/12 08:08, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> Even for an Informational document (which this is and should be),
> there are normative references and informative references.
>
> The distinction is based on whether the reference needs to be
> understood in order to understand this document.  For example, the
> base LISP spec (or possibly just the Intro document, or Intro +
> Architecture?) need to be understood by the reader for this to make
> any sense.  As such, that (or those) are normative references.

Ok, will do that.

Thanks Joel!

-Lori