Subject: [lisp] RFC 6831 on The Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) for Multicast Environments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 19:50:49 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6831

        Title:      The Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) 
                    for Multicast Environments 
        Author:     D. Farinacci, D. Meyer,
                    J. Zwiebel, S. Venaas
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       January 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 71901
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-lisp-multicast-14.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6831.txt

This document describes how inter-domain multicast routing will
function in an environment where Locator/ID Separation is deployed
using the Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP) architecture.  
This document defines an Experimental Protocol for the Internet
community.

This document is a product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC