Subject: Re: [lisp] RFC6830 comment

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 17:38:07 -0500 (EST)

> From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>

    > It's really very simple; modify the next to last paragraph of section
    > 5.4.1

It's already an RFC. If and when the WG gets around to doing a new rev of the
spec, this would be an appropriate comment then.

	Noel

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 14:56:34 -0800

> spec, this would be an appropriate comment then.

It's a request for comments, and this is a comment. I also believe
there are other mechanisms for updating documents rather than wait
for a second edition. But, the section on MTU has IMHO always been
under-specified and prone to a certain "brittleness" depending on
the operational scenarios in which xTRs are deployed. I.e., it may
work well in some scenarios and poorly in others. Maybe there is
an open document on LISP deployment scenarios where this should
be mentioned?

Thanks - Fred