Subject: [lisp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 13:01:47 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : LISP EID Block
	Author(s)       : Luigi Iannone
                          Darrel Lewis
                          David Meyer
                          Vince Fuller
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-04.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2013-02-25

Abstract:
   This is a direction to IANA to allocate a /16 IPv6 prefix for use
   with the Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP).  The prefix will be
   used for local intra-domain routing and global endpoint
   identification, by sites deploying LISP as EID (Endpoint IDentifier)
   addressing space.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:07:03 +0000

I find this more convincing than the previous version.

The "Routing Considerations" section still doesn't make it clear
why non-LISP operators will be happy to propagate routes under the
EID Block prefix. You can say "Why wouldn't they?", but then you
need to explain why some people have been reluctant to propagate
2002::/16, perhaps because of fear that it might become a traffic
magnet.

Regards

  Brian