Subject: [lisp] Fwd: NomCom 2013-2014 Call for Volunteers

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:22:43 -0400

If you are eligible (and if chosen willing to forgo appointment), please 
volunteer.
Thank you,
Joel

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NomCom 2013-2014 Call for Volunteers
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:08:59 +0000
From: Mankin, Allison <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

The IETF nominating committee (nomcom) process for 2010-11 has begun. The
IETF nomcom appoints folks to fill the open slots on the IAOC, the IAB,
and the IESG. Ten voting members for the nomcom are selected in a verifiably
random way from a pool of volunteers. The more volunteers, the better chance
we have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF
population.  This year, a challenge:  let's get beyond the 100-mark for
number of volunteers.  Let's get to 200 volunteers!

The details of the operation of the nomcom can be found in RFC 3777.

Volunteers must have attended 3 of the past 5 IETF meetings.  As 
specified in
RFC 3777, that means three out of the five past meetings up to the time this
email announcement goes out to start the solicitation of volunteers. The 
five
meetings out of which you must have attended three are IETF 82, 83, 84, 
85, 86.

If you qualify, please volunteer.  However, much as we want this, before 
you
decide to volunteer, please be sure you are willing to forgo appointment
to any of the positions for which this nomcom is responsible.

The list of people and posts whose terms end with the March 2014 IETF
meeting, and thus the positions for which this nomcom is responsible, are

IAOC:
Chris Griffiths

IAB:

Bernard Aboba
Marc Blanchet
Ross Callon
Eliot Lear
Hannes Tschofenig

IESG:

Barry Leiba (Applications)
Brian Haberman (Internet)
Benoit Claise (Operations and Management)
Gonzalo Camarillo (RAI)
Stewart Bryant (Routing)
Sean Turner (Security)
Martin Stiemerling (Transport)

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin in July 2013 and should be
completed in January 2014.  The nomcom will have regularly scheduled
conference calls to ensure progress.  There will be activities to collect
requirements from the community, review candidate questionnaires, review
feedback from community members about candidates, and talk to
candidates.  Thus, being a nomcom member does require some time commitment.

Please volunteer by sending me an email before 11:59 pm EDT (UTC -4 hours)
June 16, 2013, as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2013-14 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the email body:

  <Your Full Name>
   // First/Given Name followed by Last/Family Name
   // matching how you enter it in the IETF Registration Form)
  <Current Primary Affiliation>
   // Typically what goes in the Company field
   // in the IETF Registration Form
[<All email addresses used to register for the past 5 IETF meetings>]
  <Preferred email address>
  <Telephone number>
   // For confirmation if selected

You should expect an email response from me within 3 business days stating
whether or not you are qualified.  If you don't receive this response,
please re-send your email with the tag "RESEND"" added to the subject line.

If you are not yet sure if you would like to volunteer, please consider
that nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the leadership
of the IETF. Volunteering for the nomcom is a great way to contribute
to the IETF!

I will be publishing a more detailed target timetable, as well as details
of the randomness seeds to be used for the RFC 3797 selection process,
within the next couple weeks.

Thank you!
Allison Mankin
[email-masked]

P.S. Because the 2012-2013 nomcom is still at work, we cannot use the ietf
addresses for the nomcom chair or the nomcom committee yet, so please send
all  volunteer mail (and any questions/comments you may have) to the
address given.