Subject: [lisp] No LISP meeting for Berlin

From: Terry Manderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:03:44 -0700

Dear LISP Work Group,

We, the Co-Chairs, have been watching the workgroup closely for activity
on the current set of documents that have been adopted. Apart from the
items which have been passed to the IESG we do not believe there has been
significant progress, discussion, or review of these 'in-play' drafts to
warrant having a meeting in Berlin.

We have communicated our observations with the responsible AD and amongst
us there is full agreement to cancel the LISP session request for Berlin.

Thus, we have done so.

To iterate, there will be NO MEETING FOR LISP at IETF87.

We do apologise if this note causes you concern. However, as chairs we
must consider the LISP workgroup outputs on their merit, and at this stage
those outputs do not warrant using up agenda time.

If you would like to talk with us (the co-chairs) during IETF87, we are
happy to
   make hallway time to discuss ways of making progress on the WG chartered
   items.

LISP Co-Chairs
Joel and Terry

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 20:36:17 -0700

Maybe this creates an opportunity to have a get together to discuss future items and brainstorm a bit about future use-cases for LISP. Not under WG purview and not a BOF. Just he had 5 years ago when we started LISP. 

Having said that we could get a room, schedule a time, and have some presentations on future topics. We can keep this open and not be constrained by the WG charter. 

I am a bit concerned that the WG is not keeping up with industry trends where LISP is a viable solution. We, the working group, do not want to be in a situation like the NVO3 working group is going through. That is, defining a problem statement, framework, and terminology when the industry is way ahead with solutions. 

Would people be interested in participating? If so, I can facilitate. 

Dino 

On Jun 27, 2013, at 7:03 PM, Terry Manderson <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp

---

From: Sharon Barkai <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 05:17:05 +0000

Very much interested in sharing and getting updates on the lisp sdn front,
lisp in open daylight efforts, lisp-flow by lispmob, and the draft lisp4nfv use case . Perhaps this proposal makes most sense since these topics may be beyond charter.

--szb

---

From: Sander Steffann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:05:07 +0200

Hi Dino,

> Would people be interested in participating? If so, I can facilitate. 

Sure,
Sander