Subject: Re: [lisp] Facebook group "lisp-routing"

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 13:29:00 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Marc Binderberger <[email-masked]>

    > Besides, clicking on the link below I get a login window. "completely
    > open"?

Isn't there some way to set the group up so that you don't have to be a
Facebook member to look at stuff? (I thought I remembered some other FB
groups that had stuff the public could look at without logging in.)

The IETF WG logs really are completely open: you can read anything in:

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/lisp/current/maillist.html

without any need for a login.

	Noel

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:14:46 -0700

I haven't found a way. I have cc'ed Donn. He may know or can ask Zuck.  ;-)

Dino

On Jul 9, 2013, at 10:29 AM, [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa) wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 16:52:40 -0700

The group is already open and when the documentation says "anyone can join the group" I think it really means anyone with a Facebook account. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Maybe we should go private to work this out and when we have a solution, we can post to this list.

Dino

On Jul 9, 2013, at 4:47 PM, Donn Lee <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Yep, create an 'Open' group and anyone on Facebook can see what members post:
> https://www.facebook.com/help/220336891328465#What-are-the-privacy-options-for-groups
> 
> On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: Donn Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 17:10:28 -0700

Yes, the user needs to have a FB acct