Subject: [lisp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-02.txt

From: Sharon Barkai <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 14:15:10 +0000

The following version has format updates by Vina.
The goal is sync LCAFs used for 5-tuple (nfv-flow) Mappings with lispmob,
and to have an interoperable open source implementation based on the draft in ODL.
Tnx.

--szb

Begin forwarded message:

From: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Date: July 2, 2013, 17:09:37 GMT+03:00
To: Vina Ermagan <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Sharon Barkai <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Fabio Maino <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, David Meyer <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-02.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sharon Barkai and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:     draft-barkai-lisp-nfv
Revision:     02
Title:         LISP Based FlowMapping for Scaling NFV
Creation date:     2013-07-02
Group:         Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-02.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-02
Diff:            http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-barkai-lisp-nfv-02

Abstract:
  This draft describes an RFC 6830 Locator ID Separation Protocol
  (LISP) based distributed flow-mapping-fabric for dynamic scaling of
  virtualized network functions (NFV).  Network functions such as
  subscriber-management, content-optimization, security and quality of
  service, are typically delivered using proprietary hardware
  appliances embedded into the network as turn-key service-nodes or
  service-blades within routers.  Next generation network functions are
  being implemented as pure software instances running on standard
  servers - unbundled virtualized components of capacity and
  functionality.  LISP-SDN based flow-mapping, dynamically assembles
  these components to whole solutions by steering the right traffic in
  the right sequence to the right virtual function instance.

The IETF Secretariat