Subject: [lisp] Intro final content questions

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 09:39:23 -0400 (EDT)

So, I've been looking at the Intro draft, noticing a final few non-main-body
things that need to be written: glossary, appendixes, etc. I have two
questions for everyone related to that effort:

First, there's a section for 'ongoing improvements'; i.e. stuff that is
happening, but is not yet formalized. I have guessed that this will include
i) mobility, and ii) better NAT support (since both of these have relatively
mature ID's, and fill major needs). What all should I cover here, other than
those two?

Second, there's a suggestion for an appendix covering 'History of Loc/ID
split'. Looking at the document, much of the material currently in the
'Background' section at the very start could be moved to that appendix,
getting rid of a fair amount of stuff that is in the way in the main body of
the text before the reader can get to the meat of the document - i.e. LISP
itself. So unless people object, I'm going to move most of that to the
appendix, leaving only the bare minimum on the general concept of L/ID.

My current goal is to have a 'close-to-final' (i.e. only editorial issues
like spelling, etc, left) ready to go when the I-D window re-opens in a week
or so. So, if you have _content_ issues ('we need to talk about x', or 'talk
about y before you talk about z'), please try and get them to me soon!

	Noel

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 23:19:51 +0200

Hi Noel,

> mature ID's, and fill major needs). What all should I cover here, other than

Should we include anything about the request of an EID prefix?

What if we give a slightly larger scope to this section? Including LISP alternative use cases.

LISP is being used (or at least is studied) to be used in scenarios for which it has not been designed originally.
Which, BTW includes mobility since it has never been in the charter.

I am thinking at LISP in the context of data centers (NVO3 drafts), or as multimedia traffic optimisation (check the TCMTF Bof next week).

Luigi

> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 15:09:07 -0400

As far as I can tell, this allocation request document is dead in the water.
Yours,
Joel

On 7/23/13 5:19 PM, Luigi Iannone wrote:
...
> Should we include anything about the request of an EID prefix?
...

---

From: Luigi Iannone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 22:14:47 +0200

> As far as I can tell, this allocation request document is dead in the water.

May I  dare to ask why?

Agreed that no update has been submitted (actually because no WG meeting will be held), but why stating that is dead?

ciao

Luigi