Subject: Re: [lisp] on Map-Notify

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 23:37:22 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>

    > the VM-mobility use-case in the data center when a VM move away from
    > its home

And to think that I was basically called an unrealistic ivory-tower fantasist
during the IPng debates when, when asked what the utility of location/
identity separation was, I cited process mobility as one _example_ of a use.

(OK, so VM mobility is slightly different - but only very slightly. The
fate-sharing region involved contains a number of processes, not just one.)

What will be _really_ nicely ironic will be if VM mobility turns out to be a
big driver for LISP deployment.

	Noel

---

From: "Darrel Lewis (darlewis)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 03:42:26 +0000

> big driver for LISP deployment.

VM mobility is just the start.  :-)

-Darrel

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 20:52:29 -0700

Way to serve it up Noel!

Dino

> On Aug 6, 2013, at 8:42 PM, "Darrel Lewis (darlewis)" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp