Subject: [lisp] References needed for Intro document

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 17:14:04 -0400 (EDT)

During the review of the Intro document at the Interim, in a couple of places
people said 'Oh we need a reference there, I'll get it to you later' - and I
dutifully marked down that I needed to add a reference - but due to the time
pressure, didn't write down who (although I _think_ I remember who they might
have been - if I make an error below, apologies in advance).

So if anyone was as the interim, and recognizes and of these (below) as
something they were going to send me a reference for, can you please do so?

  "The term 'node' is used here as it used in the IPv6 work." (Maybe Terry?)

  "More importantly, this balance needs to hold for early adopters - because
  if they do not receive benefits to their adoption, the sphere of earliest
  adopters will not expand, and it will never get to widespread deployment."
  (Maybe Joel?)

  "significant amounts of modeling and performance measurement have been
  performed, to verify that DDT has (and will continue to have) acceptable
  performance." (Maybe Damien?)

Thanks!

	Noel

---

From: Dino Farinacci <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 14:23:22 -0700

>  "The term 'node' is used here as it used in the IPv6 work." (Maybe Terry?)

I remember Joel talking about how the IPv6 circle of folks use this term. But I don't remember Joel mentioning he would provide a reference. What about RFC 2460? There is a definition of "node" in 2460 but it refers to "a device that implements IPv6".

>  adopters will not expand, and it will never get to widespread deployment."

Yes, I think Joel has this one.

>  performance." (Maybe Damien?)

Damien/Luigi, Darrel, and Gregg/Fabio.

Dino

---

From: Damien Saucez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2013 00:32:03 +0200

>  performance." (Maybe Damien?)

maybe you can reference  [Jakab]  and slightly change the text to something like:

"modeling and performance evaluation show that DDT provides acceptable
 performance and scalability."

Damien Saucez

> 
> Thanks!
> 
> 	Noel
> _______________________________________________
> lisp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/lisp