Subject: [lisp] Replacing Dual-Stack Lite with LISP

From: Rene Bartsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 17:13:44 +0100

Hi,

are there any approaches (drafts, RFCs) to replace Dual-Stack Lite with 
LISP by adding Carrier-Grade-NAT to the PxTRs?

That way any LISP-capable router could provide IPv4 connectivity without 
the need of an additional Dual-Stack Lite stack.

-- 
Best regards,

Rene Bartsch, B. Sc. Informatics

Current Bitcoin Exchange Rate: https://www.bitcoin.de/de/r/mwfngu

---

From: Rene Bartsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 18:00:03 +0100

@Darrel

It seem's to be pretty simple:

1. Setup an IPv4 NAT-router providing one private IPv4 network (EIDs) 
for each customer natted to one public IPv4 IP (or multiple private IPv4 
networks (EIDs) natted to one public IPv4 IP).
2. Connect a LISP-PxTR to the IPv4 NAT-router which encapsulates the 
private IPv4 networks (EIDS) into public IPv6 LISP-tunnels (RLOCs).
3. Provide a closed Map-server/-resolver setup mapping private IPv4 EIDs 
to public IPv6 RLOCs

The only problem I see is to exchange NAT mapping tables/connection 
tracking between multiple NAT-routers when using multiple PITRs/PETRs. 
If you just use one NAT-router and one PxTR it should work out of the 
box with standard LISP solutions. Or did I miss something?

-- 
Best regards,