Subject: [lisp] Benoit Claise's No Objection on charter-ietf-lisp-03-00: (with COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2016 01:12:08 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-lisp-03-00: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-lisp/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- One advantage of doing a late review is that much has been said. I
basically agree with all comments made the IESG so far. In particular
with Jari: the charter is basically an initial promise. As such it should
contain the right expectations (ex: standards track), and ideally the
milestones (however, we don't have a clear consensus with the IESG on the
milestones, so I won't insist).

- "Besides this main focus, the LISP WG may work on the following
items:"
"May" is weird, when you have already adopted a WG. Ex:
draft-ietf-lisp-yang-01.txt

- Finally,

  - Management models: Support for managing the LISP protocol and
deployments that include data models, as well as allowing for
programmable management interfaces. These management methods
should be considered for both the data-plane, control plane,
and mapping system components.

We speak about the management of the experimental RFCs or the new
standards track document? Please clarify