Subject: [lisp] Document Action: 'LISP EID Block' to Experimental RFC (draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-13.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 11:36:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'LISP EID Block'
  (draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block-13.txt) as Experimental RFC

This document is the product of the Locator/ID Separation Protocol
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman, Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas
and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lisp-eid-block/

Technical Summary:

     This is a direction to IANA to allocate a /32 IPv6 prefix for use with
     the Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP).  The prefix will be used for
     local intra-domain routing and global endpoint identification, by sites
     deploying LISP as EID (Endpoint IDentifier) addressing space.

Working Group Summary:

     No concerns were expressed by the WG on the necessity of assigning an EID
     prefix for Internet LISP deployment.  However, long discussions have been
     focused on the prefix length to be given for the EID prefix.  After very
     long debates on the mailing list and WG meetings, the WG reached
     consensus on a /16 IPv6 prefix with a request to IANA to reserve adjacent
     space for future EID use/growth.

Document Quality:

     The document is well written and of a high standard.  No special review
     was performed nor is needed.  The massive feedback and implication of the
     group indicates the willingness to use the requested prefix once assigned
     by IANA.  People having contributed significantly to the work are well
     acknowledged in the document.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? 

     Damien Saucez <[email-masked]> 

Who is the Responsible Area Director?

     Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>