Subject: RE: Draft: PI addressing derived from AS numbers

From: "Michel Py" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:52:42 -0800

Kurtis,

> Kurt Erik Lindqvist
> So, if all had a IPv6 delegation, we would have 14519 routes,
> of which 12614 would be multihomed. Compared to 120k. 

I agree that 12k routes is nothing we have to care about, but this is
not the point. The point is that if we start this, it will be impossible
to stop.

No to the IPv6 swamp!

Michel.

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:08:34 +0100

> not the point. The point is that if we start this, it will be 

I disagree. We know how it works and we have learnt how to control it.  
But we need a solution that is quick.

> No to the IPv6 swamp!

I will start to worry when we hit 1k routes in IPv6.

- kurtis -