Subject: What is a site ?

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 17:22:23 +0900

Dear all,

I'm trying to understand the concept of site, and I'm stuck. I think the definitions below are not consitent (same or different ISPs) ?

From the Multi6 charter:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Description of Working Group:

A multihomed site is a site that has more than one connection to the
public internet with those connections through either the same or
different ISPs

From http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-multi6-multihoming-requirements-05.txt
~~~~
Abstract
   Site-multihoming, i.e. connecting to more than one IP service
   provider, is an essential component of service for many sites which
   are part of the Internet.

Terminology
   A "multihomed" site is one with more than one transit provider.
   "Site-multihoming" is the practice of arranging a site to be
   multihomed.

Thierry Ernst,
WIDE.