Subject: RE: Multiple Address Service for Transport (MAST)

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar \(UMKC-Student\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 02:12:41 -0500

><http://brandenburg.com/specifications/draft-crocker-mast-propo
>sal-00.txt>
>
>
>Herewith the abstract for the proposal:
>
>     Classic Internet transport protocols use a single source IP
>     address and a single destination IP address, as part of the
>     identification for an individual data flow.  TCP includes
>     these in its definition of a connection and its calculation
>     of the header checksum.  Hence the transport service is tied
>     to a particular IP address pair. This is problematic for
>     multi-homed hosts and for mobile hosts.  Both have multiple
>     IP addresses but cannot use more than one, for any single
>     transport association (context).  Multiple Address Service
>     for Transport (MAST) defines a mechanism that transparently
>     supports association of multiple IP addresses with any
>     transport association.  It requires no change to the IP
>     infrastructure, and no change to IP modules or transport
>     modules in the end-systems. Instead, it defines a wedge
>     layer between IP and transport that operates only in the end
>     systems and affects only participating hosts.

can you compare your proposal with 
http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~bzhang/etcp/etcp_draft.txt

They do have a running code.