Subject: Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-mast-analysis-01.txt

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:38:59 -0700

Grist for the mobility/multihoming discussion mill.

The new version is a substantial revision, with much of the enhancement coming
from Marcelo Bagnulo.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <dcrocker-at-brandenburg-dot-com>
 Brandenburg InternetWorking <www.brandenburg.com>
 Sunnyvale, CA  USA <tel:+1.408.246.8253>

===== Forwarded Message =====
From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce: ;
cc: 
Date: Wednesday, October 22, 2003, 3:34:39 PM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-mast-analysis-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: CHOICES FOR MULTIADDRESSING
	Author(s)	: D. Crocker
	Filename	: draft-crocker-mast-analysis-01.txt
	Pages		: 0
	Date		: 2003-10-22
	
An IP Address serves the dual roles as references to a 'place' on
the Internet and to a host on the Internet, labeled 'locator' and
'identifier', respectively. Systems that use IP Addresses as
identifiers cannot support dynamic changes in the mapping between
the identifier and the locator. For a system to use a different
IP Address pair, participants must initiate a new exchange.  In
the case of TCP, this means a new connection. In recent years,
there have been efforts to overcome this limitation, through
different approaches at different places in the Internet
architecture. This paper reviews the basic requirements for
support of multiaddressing (mobility and multihoming), and the
efforts to support them. Barriers to adoption, administrative
overhead, and operational efficiency are of particular concern.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-mast-analysis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-crocker-mast-analysis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-crocker-mast-analysis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

===== End of Forwarded Message =====