Subject: deja vu again...

From: "Ayyasamy, Senthilkumar \(UMKC-Student\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 08:05:58 -0600

> The meaning of "user" & "provider" apparently vary with context.
> [...]
> This is a good split of complexity & responsibility, with the 
> hosts not having to do any of it.
 
FYI: all end-system LB products has a measurement system which 
checks for end to end availability. It is either probe-based
or have some heuristics to get the topology details. 
 
This discussion is a rat-hole; We are not going to agree on
anything. The current charter will allow more discussions 
of this sort. I thought the chairs are of the opinion that 
all solutions should by submitted by february( I only follow
mailining list discussions.) But, I see an updated charter 
which has no place for solutions.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:13:02 +0100

> which has no place for solutions.

Not true. It just does not include actually developing a specific
solution on the standards track - that is left for the next stage.

   Brian