Subject: New multi6 draft: WIMP

From: Jukka Ylitalo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:57:39 +0200

Hi, 

We have submitted a new multi6 draft to I-D directory. The draft defines a 
Weak Identifier Multihoming Protocol (WIMP), and we wrote it in order 
to see how opportunistic/weak authentication methods could be used 
to sove the multi6 problem. 

WIMP is one of those protocols that introduce a new protocol layer between 
IP and upper layers. Our approach uses some very basic cryptographic 
functions (reverse hash chains and secret splitting) in order to have light 
and (hopefully) simple solution. The protocol is not bullet proof from security 
point of view, however, it intends to be "secure enough", and easy to implement. 

It was interesting exercise, and we hope it will stimulate discussion on 
various solutions to multi6 problem. 

See more details from the drafts itself, available in: 

http://www.hip4inter.net/multi6/draft-ylitalo-multi6-wimp-00.txt

br, Jukka Ylitalo

-- 
Jukka Ylitalo                  
Ericsson Research Nomadiclab