Subject: Re: Draft of updated WG charter

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 09:12:18 -0500 (EST)

> From: Paul Lustgraaf <[email-masked]>

    > Any architecture that requires the 20,000+ end systems on my campus to
    > make routing decisions is broken.

Why? A large fraction of all the humans on the planet make routing decisions
every day (and half of them have IQ's of less than 100 :-). Every end system
on your campus includes complex and sophisticated algorithms to do congestion
avoidance. Why should routing be treated differently?

	Noel

---

From: Jay Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 20:06:20 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Noel Chiappa wrote:
> every day (and half of them have IQ's of less than 100 :-).

Yeah, but do they make *good* routing decisions?  ;^)

> Every end system

Maybe it shouldn't.  My concern is that the hosts won't do it well due to
poor administration.

Jay