Subject: HIP draft

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:02:13 +0100

On 25-jan-04, at 16:59, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-nikander-multi6-hip-00.txt

Ok, I'm missing two things here:

1. Failover. The draft says the wg should come up with this. Ok.

2. What mechanism makes it possible for unmodified ULPs to set up 
connections to HIP-capable destinations? I would expect either the 
application to be modified so it knows to ask for the HIP DNS RR, or 
there must be some shady resolver hacks that trick the app and TCP (or 
other ULPs) so they think they're dealing with a regular IPv6 address 
but in effect they're using HIP identifiers and the associated IP 
addresses are recovered at the HIP layer.

And would it be possible to implement HIP in middleboxes so that 
unmodified hosts can talk to HIP boxes?

---

From: "marcelo bagnulo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:50:32 +0100

> addresses are recovered at the HIP layer.

My understanding is that the last option is proposed.

> unmodified hosts can talk to HIP boxes?

I think so. But the doc states that this will be detailed in another
document.

However, i haven't been able to find it as a item neither in the pwg carter
nor in the prg charter. Shouldn't this be explicitely included?

Regards, marcelo

---

From: "Armando L. Caro Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 12:54:42 -0500 (EST)

Is anyone maintaining a list of all the proposals and their URLs? I am
trying to get up to speed on this list and want to go through all the
proposals.

Thanks.

~armando

0--                                              --0
| Armando L. Caro Jr.  |  Protocol Engineering Lab |
| www.armandocaro.net  |    University of Delaware |
0--                                              --0

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:44:06 +0100

(sorry for the late reply)

	Armando,

> trying to get up to speed on this list and want to go through all the

I have created a list of (some of) the proposals that have gone through 
multi6 that is linked from the multi6 web-site at 
http://ops.ietf.org/multi6.

The list is not complete (especially with the drafts of the last few 
weeks) and it contains some drafts that have expired.

Best regards,

- - kurtis -