Subject: Streaming

From: Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:07:38 +0100

As I'm not going to be in Seoul and multi6 isn't traditionally one of 
the two sessions that is multicast (not that I have multicast access 
anyway), I was wondering if it would be possible to set up some ad-hoc 
audio streaming.

If someone at the meeting can send a 40 kbps or so audio stream, I'll 
be happy to reflect this stream to about a dozen others.

This is unbelievably simple to do if you have a Mac with Apple's free 
Quicktime Broadcaster and the built-in microphone (if sitting somewhere 
in the neighborhood of a PA loud speaker). This will produce an MPEG-4 
(AAC) audio stream which can be played with Quicktime and VLC and 
possibly the Real viewer.

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:37:56 +0100

Hmm. Let's see what we can arrange. I will discuss this with you 
off-line.

- - kurtis -

On 2004-02-10, at 13.07, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> Quicktime Broadcaster and the built-in microphone (if sitting 
> somewhere in the neighborhood of a PA loud speaker). This will produce 
> an MPEG-4 (AAC) audio stream which can be played with Quicktime and 
> VLC and possibly the Real viewer.
>
>