Subject: Re: draft-savola-multi6-asn-pi-01.txt

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:28:39 -0500 (EST)

> From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>

    > every branch which connects to ISPs has different addresses. This will
    > be pure hell for network admins if they have offices in e.g. 100 or 200
    > countries, but such is life, I guess... :)

And those 100-200 branches also have different street/mailing addresses,
right? Which causes all sorts of grief in having to have 200 different kinds
of pre-printed stationery with street/mailing addresses on it, etc, etc, etc.
But people don't piss/moan/whine about it, because that's a fundamental
aspect of street/mailing addresses.

The routing has to have "names" which are topologically significant. If
people want a namespace which *doesn't* have those properties, because they
find those properties *inconvenient*, then they can get off their tailbones
and add one.

Harumph.

	Noel

PS: Pekka, I know you understand this already; this is just a sore spot with
me.