Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-02.txt

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:02:21 +0200

Thanks Eliot, this is making good progress.

Should you possible mention IPSEC implications and MobileIP implications?

   Brian

> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-02.txt

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:07:33 -0700

I think I have Mobile-IP implications covered, but perhaps not IPSEC 
implications.  Pekka has also provided me some additional questions, and 
we're hagggling over the wording.  I think we are both thinking along 
the same lines, though.

Regards,

Eliot

---

From: Harold Grovesteen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 10:43:18 -0500

Please add IPSEC implications, not just host-to-host but also
site-to-site with gateways.  The need to maintain long running SA's
between sites which can survive rehoming events is important, at least
to my organization.  This has a higher priority than surviving
individual host-to-host transport sessions during rehoming events.  If I
have to choose between the two, IPSEC site-to-site availability would be
my first choice.  I would hope I would not have to choose.  Special
mechanisms in this case, not available or desirable in host-to-host
transports (with or without IPSEC), would be acceptable, IMO.

Harold Grovesteen

Eliot Lear wrote:

> implications.  Pekka has also provided me some additional questions,
> and we're hagggling over the wording.  I think we are both thinking
> along the same lines, though.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eliot
>
> Brian E Carpenter wrote:
>