Subject: Court Says Customers May Take IPs Away From ISP - profound impact on RIR's as well?

From: Jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 02:58:51 -0700

All,

  "Huston, I think we have a problem"!
 http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/msg05815.html

  Could this perhaps have an impact on the current allocation
and Multihoming in IPv6 in the near term?  Seems so.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 134k members/stakeholders strong!)
"Be precise in the use of words and expect precision from others" -
    Pierre Abelard

"If the probability be called P; the injury, L; and the burden, B;
liability depends upon whether B is less than L multiplied by
P: i.e., whether B is less than PL."
United States v. Carroll Towing  (159 F.2d 169 [2d Cir. 1947]
===============================================================
Updated 1/26/04
CSO/DIR. Internet Network Eng. SR. Eng. Network data security
IDNS. div. of Information Network Eng.  INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 10:31:11 +0200

> and Multihoming in IPv6 in the near term?  Seems so.

No.

And there is a lot more to this story than what is in that email. And 
it is all very off-topic for this list.

- - kurtis -