Subject: Re: Engaging apps folks

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:40:41 +0200

On 2004-06-29, at 14.08, Erik Nordmark wrote:

> My experience, and I think Kurt said something similar, is that it
> is hard to engage application folks without something concrete like
> a proposal that they look at. This makes it tricky to get feedback 
> before
> we have nailed down enough of the approach to be able write down how it
> will affect applications, unless we do the work to present the apps 
> folks
> with a menu having different choices.

I think the other approach is for me and Brian (and perhaps David) to 
actually ask the Apps ADs for help. I think that we are fairly deep 
into the discussion on what properties what get's passed to the ULPs 
can have. In order to understand this better I think we need some input 
from Apps. But let's discuss this off-line and see what we can do. I 
have got some comments off-line from some apps people I know. I tried 
to convince them to join the mailinglist, but with not much success so 
far :-(

- - kurtis -