Subject: multi6 wedge layer design team

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 11:56:50 +0200

As mentioned in last week's meeting, the co-chairs have asked
Erik Nordmark to convene a new multi6 design team to refine the
"wedge layer" analysis.

Initial membership:

Erik Nordmark (convenor), Jari Arkko, Marcelo Bagnulo Braun, Iljitsch
van Beijnum, Geoff Huston and Yukka Ylitalo.

The team has to be kept small for efficiency, but Erik may decide to add
one or two more volunteers.

We hope for a draft ready for discussion during the November IETF.

Here's the "mission statement":

Refine wedge layer/ layer 3.5 analysis to reach an agreed approach
(or very small number of approaches) and a list of functions
and components needed.

The goal is to get to a much smaller set of proposals and/or a unified
proposal and identify any problems with the unified direction. It is
OK to document directions that can be taken to solve it but we cannot
go into protocol specifics within the current WG charter.

      Brian + Kurtis
      multi6 cochairs