Subject: [netmod] when statement

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 18:40:23 +0100

Hi,

in sec. 7.19.5 of yang-03, it is not clear what data definition
statement is made conditional by the when statement - i.e., that it is
the parent statement of when. I propose the following rewording:

The "when" statement makes its parent data definition statement
conditional. The node defined by the parent data definition
statement, together with its children, is only valid when the
condition specified by the "when" statement is satisfied. The
statement's argument is an XPath expression, which is used to
formally specify this condition. If the XPath expression
conceptually evaluates to "true" for a particular instance, then
the node defined by the data definition statement is valid,
otherwise it is not.

Lada

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CESNET
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

_______________________________________________
netmod mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:19:56 +0100 (CET)

> the parent statement of when. I propose the following rewording:

Ok.  I changed the text according to your proposal.

/martin