Subject: Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 11:07:12 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Hi -

>From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Dec 10, 2013 10:55 AM
>To: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>, Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
>Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [netmod] AD review of draft-ietf-netmod-system-mgmt
...
>I really like this idea, though I'm not sure which of the various
>ways of doing escape sequences would be most helpful.  For example,
>the &#mumble; convention of HTML would also be a possibility.  But
>whatever the mechanism, I think something like this would be a huge
>win.  (Note that there are obnoxious corner cases, such as the SNMP
>interface being used to configure an sequence which would, if interpreted
>as an escape, result in a forbidden or impossible code point.)  Still,
>I really like this idea.

To elaborate slightly: I like this idea as the basis for
a standardized approach (*not* merely a "MAY") to be used
whenever practical for migrating ASCII-only SNMP objects
intended for human consumption.

Randy

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:42:49 +0100 (CET)

> intended for human consumption.

Do you think the same applies to ifAlias?  I don't know if it is too
late to change that object though.

/martin