Subject: [netmod] another iana timezone document update needed

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 13:33:58 +0100

Jeffrey,

while producing the document writeup, I found some minor issues we
should resolve before we ship this document to the IESG:

a) You need to add a normative reference to RFC 6020.

b) You need to add the following boilerplate text to the Introduction

     The keywords "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
     "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and
     "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described in BCP
     14, [RFC2119].

   and you need to add a normative reference to RFC 2119.

c) You should reference RFC 6557 (I think both in the Introduction and
   the IANA Considerations section) since this document defines the
   general rules for the maintenance of the timezone database. And you
   need to add RFC 6557 to the normative references section.

d) I suggest you revise the abstract to better reflect the purpose of
   the document.

   OLD

   This document defines the iana-timezones YANG module for timezone
   configuration.

   NEW

   This document defines the initial version of the iana-timezones
   YANG module. The iana-timezones YANG module defines the
   iana-timezone type, which is a serialization of the existing IANA
   Time Zone registry into YANG format. The document provides
   instructions to IANA how to maintain the iana-timezones YANG module
   when the underlying Time Zone registry is updated.

e) Similarly, I suggest to revise the Introduction (this also takes
   account of item b) mentioned above):

   OLD

   This document defines the iana-timezones YANG module for timezone
   configuration.

   The iana-timezones module reflects IANA's existing "timezone
   database".  The latest revision of the module can be obtained from
   the IANA web site (http://www.iana.org/time-zones).

   Whenever a new timezone name is added to the IANA "timezone
   database", the iana-timezones module is updated by IANA.   

   NEW

   This document defines the initial version of the iana-timezones
   YANG module [RFC6020]. The iana-timezones YANG module defines the
   iana-timezone type, which is a serialization of the existing IANA
   Time Zone registry [RFC6557] into YANG format. Section 3 of this
   document provides instructions to IANA how to maintain the
   iana-timezones YANG module when the underlying Time Zone registry
   is updated.

   The keywords "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL NOT",
   "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED", "MAY",
   and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as described
   in BCP 14, [RFC2119].

Can you produce a new revision of this I-D?

/js
   
-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>