Subject: [netmod] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6020 (3835)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 15:06:39 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6020,
"YANG - A Data Modeling Language for the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6020&eid=3835

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Chris LaBauve <[email-masked]>

Section: 12

Original Text
-------------
   type-body-stmts     = numerical-restrictions /
                         decimal64-specification /
                         string-restrictions /
                         enum-specification /
                         leafref-specification /
                         identityref-specification /
                         instance-identifier-specification /
                         bits-specification /
                         union-specification

Corrected Text
--------------
   type-body-stmts     = numerical-restrictions /
                         decimal64-specification /
                         string-restrictions /
                         enum-specification /
                         leafref-specification /
                         identityref-specification /
                         instance-identifier-specification /
                         bits-specification /
                         union-specification / 
                         binary-specification

   binary-specification = [length-stmt stmtsep]

Notes
-----
Grammar rule 'type-body-stmts' does not provide for the case when type is 'binary'; this would be a rule allowing 0 or 1 length substatements according to 9.8.1.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6020 (draft-ietf-netmod-yang-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : YANG - A Data Modeling Language for the Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF)
Publication Date    : October 2010
Author(s)           : M. Bjorklund, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : NETCONF Data Modeling Language
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 10:37:37 +0100

The text in sec. 9.4.4 also needs updating:

OLD

   It is used to restrict the built-in type "string", or types derived
   from "string".

NEW

   It is used to restrict the built-in types "string" and "binary", or
   types derived from them.

Lada

RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> writes:

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod

-- 
Ladislav Lhotka, CZ.NIC Labs
PGP Key ID: E74E8C0C

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 14:03:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I think the proposed new text is correct.

/martin

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:30:48 +0100

Lada,

It seems I can only select a single section for an errata.
Can you please file a new errata for this correction below.

Thanks and regards, Benoit

---

From: Ladislav Lhotka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:05:33 +0100

> Can you please file a new errata for this correction below.

OK, will do.

Lada