Subject: [netmod] strawman proposal for moving yang 1.1 issues NEW -> OPEN

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 19:02:41 +0200

Hi,

as promised earlier, here is a strawman proposal which of the YANG 1.1
issues should be moved from NEW to OPEN (which means the issues are
considered in scope of the YANG 1.1 effort). For the issues list, see:

   http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/netmod/yang-1.1/

If you believe some of the issues should _not_ be addressed by the
YANG 1.1 effort, please speak up by the end of May and provide a
reasoning why you think the issue should not be addressed. Silence
will be interpreted as agreement to the strawman proposal.

  |-----+------+----------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------|
  | Y01 | OPEN | allow boolean if-feature                                       | new feature             |
  | Y02 | OPEN | allow must in input, output, and notification                  | language consistency    |
  | Y03 | OPEN | allow if-feature in refine                                     | language consistency    |
  | Y04 | OPEN | accessible tree in xpath in notifs and rpc                     | language consistency    |
  | Y05 | OPEN | unprefixed path in top-level typedef                           | language consistency    |
  | Y06 | OPEN | escaped characters in double quoted strings                    | language consistency    |
  | Y07 | OPEN | do not allow when or if-feature on keys                        | language consistency    |
  | Y10 | OPEN | allow restrictions on enumerations                             | language consistency    |
  | Y11 | OPEN | allow if-feature on enums                                      | new feature             |
  | Y12 | OPEN | initialized-by system                                          | new feature             |
  | Y13 | OPEN | allow multiple inheritance for identities                      | new feature             |
  | Y14 | OPEN | clarify the string value for identities when used in must/when | language consistency    |
  | Y16 | OPEN | module advertisement optimization                              | performance improvement |
  | Y18 | OPEN | fix "when" expression context node problem                     | language consistency    |
  | Y20 | OPEN | new set of built-in XPath functions                            | new feature             |
  | Y23 | OPEN | support negative patterns as string restrictions               | new feature             |
  | Y25 | OPEN | make enum numbering purely informative and optional            | feature removal         |
  | Y28 | OPEN | support default values in leaf-lists                           | new feature             |
  | Y29 | OPEN | allow choice as a short-hand case                              | language consistency    |
  | Y30 | OPEN | allow leafref in union                                         | language consistency    |
  | Y34 | OPEN | remove/deprecate/replace the 'anyxml' statement                | generalization          |
  | Y35 | OPEN | allow empty in union                                           | language consistency    |
  | Y41 | OPEN | clarification of "must" in NP-container                        | language consistency    |
  | Y42 | OPEN | better model for configuration versus state data is needed     |                         |
  | Y44 | OPEN | add a mechanism to parameterize error-message                  | new feature             |
  | Y45 | OPEN | better conformance mechanism                                   | feature improvement     |
  | Y47 | OPEN | bit name too restrictive                                       | language consistency    |
  | Y49 | OPEN | clarify nested submodule behavior                              | language consistency    |
  |-----+------+----------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------|

I hope I got the issue headlines all right. If there is a mismatch,
the issue number is authoritative.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 12:40:50 -0700

Hi,

I have no objections to the open issue list.

I would like to propose that clarifications can be proposed at any time
during YANG 1.1. development, as opposed to new features,
which are locked out at some point (very soon).

E.g., add a clarification issue for server behavior for mandatory-stmt
for config=false data nodes.

I don't know what it means for a node to be mandatory
to implement (node part of base module) but if mandatory-stmt=false,
it is optional to return to the client?  Shouldn't the client
be deciding which nodes it wants in the reply?

IMO, mandatory-stmt should be ignored if used in a config=false
data node. The server MUST return every requested node
(modulo NACM) according to the YANG conformance.

Andy

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 10:02 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> netmod mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netmod
>