Subject: Re: [netmod] issue Y56 UTF8 non-characters

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 16:34:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi -

>From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Oct 24, 2014 4:22 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: [netmod] issue Y56 UTF8 non-characters
...
>I think we should have the same rules for the YANG module as for the
>"string" built-in type.
...

I'd question that.  For the YANG module itself I think it
would probably be a good idea to specify a normalization form,
in order to avoid headaches due to, for example, the various
ways of "spelling" ầ, ế, ờ, é, ñ, ä, ü, and ö, to name just
a few.  For the string built-in type, requiring a specific
normalization form would probably be problematic if the data
to be modeled has been subjected to a different normalization
form.

Randy

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:11:48 +0100 (CET)

> would probably be a good idea to specify a normalization form,

Ok.  What is you suggestion?  A YANG module MUST be normalized
according to NFC (or which one?)

/martin