Subject: [netmod] Fwd: YANG Model Coordination Group - seeking candidates

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 00:39:36 +0100

FYI.
Sorry for the potential duplicates.

Regards, Benoit

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	YANG Model Coordination Group - seeking candidates
Date: 	Sat, 10 Jan 2015 00:38:38 +0100
From: 	Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
To: 	IETF-Discussion list <[email-masked]>

Dear all,

You may have seen this "IESG YANG Model Work Redistribution" message [1]:

A YANG Model Coordination group (a RFC2418 directorate) will be created 
by the IESG to assist the AD and complement the work of the YANG 
Doctors, Operations and Management Directorate, Routing Area 
Directorate, and IAB liaison managers. The YANG doctors' responsibility 
to validate models remains unchanged. The YANG Model Coordination group 
will consist of three members and report to the Operations and 
Management AD that is responsible for the YANG Model work.

The OPS ADs, in collaboration with the Routing ADs (since there is much 
routing-related YANG modeling work) will select candidates for this YANG 
Model Coordination Group.

The high level mission is:

    Help with the development and coordination of the numerous YANG
    models within the IETF, and the promotion of YANG modeling in the
    industry.

Practically, we seek candidates:
- Familiar with YANG,
- Familiar with the IETF,
- Connected with (or aware of) the YANG data modeling efforts in the 
industry,
- Connected to YANG models implementation,
- Ready to commit approximately 1/3 of a full time job, for a period of 
one year. The role of the YANG Model Coordination group will be 
re-assessed after one year and may be continued. If so, new nominations 
will be sought and existing members of the group will be able to stand 
again or step down.

The job description consists of:
- Compiling, publishing, and maintaining an inventory of YANG models 
both produced by the IETF and available at other locations.
- Evaluating and documenting how the existing YANG models fit together.
   Example: can the IGP, QoS, and ACL YANG models work together?
- Documenting and tracking open issues (especially the issues crossing 
drafts, WGs, and areas) including issues of interaction and overlap of 
YANG models.
- Generating and leading the discussions on the resolution of the open 
issues, in collaboration with the authors, WGs, WG chairs, YANG doctors, 
rtg-yang-coord mailing list, and the appropriate ADs
- Participating in YANG model related design teams, as needed, to assist 
in the coordination as well as technical work.
- Assisting with the coordination of design teams working to produce 
YANG models that describe and enable the provisioning and management of 
services.
- Documenting and tracking functionality missing from YANG models 
including entire missing models.
- Documenting YANG issues arising from YANG models
- Producing monthly reports for the IETF community and present a summary 
of progress at each IETF meeting in the OPS-AREA meeting.
- Close work with the OPS AD on building a community of YANG modelers 
that will bring YANG work into the IETF as appropriate, and that will 
enable interactions between IETF YANG models and models produced outside 
the IETF .
Note that the practical details of the daily job will be discussed with 
the candidates.

If you are ready for the challenge, please let the Routing and OPS ADs 
know ("[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, 
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>).

We will accept candidates for a two weeks period starting now. The 
selected candidates will be announced soon after.

Regards, Alia, Adrian, Joel, and Benoit

[1] http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/msg13576.html