Subject: [Notifications] Reading list for BOF

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 06:24:40 -0700

Notifications from Mail Stores BOF (BIFF)

Time:   Friday, July 27, 0900-1130
Location:   Salon 2

Area Director: Chris Newman
BOF Chairs: Randall Gellens & Cullen Jennings

Agenda
    TBD

Email List:
     [email-masked]

Email Archive:
     http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/notifications/current/ 
index.html

Reading List
     Input Documents for potential WG
          draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-04
          draft-dusseault-email-notif-model-00
     Related Background
          RFC3842 (MWI Event Package for SIP)
          RFC2177  (IMAP4 IDLE Command)
          draft-mahy-sieve-notify-sip-00.txt

BOF Description
     This BOF is on the topic of connecting email systems with
     existing Common Presence Protocol compliant systems such
     as XMPP and SIP/SIMPLE to deliver notification about
     events from the mail store.

Draft Charter
     TBD

_______________________________________________
Notifications mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/notifications

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 13:28:19 +0100

>          RFC2177  (IMAP4 IDLE Command)

(I understand that this is slightly out of scope for the BOFF) Note that 
draft-gulbrandsen-imap-notify-07.txt is effectively replacing RFC 2177. 
It has a more complete mapping of draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-04 to 
IMAP responses.

---

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 20:35:54 -0400

FYI,

There are several notifications activities in the LEMONADE WG:
draft-ietf-lemonade-msgevent-04.txt
draft-gulbrandsen-imap-notify-07.txt
draft-ietf-lemonade-notifications-04.txt 

The first has completed WGLC, the second will go to WGLC shortly.  But
we are still discussing the third.  It contains our architecture,
server-server considerations, and an EMN/SMS example.

Randy volunteered to lead a design team to conclude on what sort of
'kick notification' (as well as server-server interaction) to describe
for the LEMONADE Profile bis context. And as a result, the content of
the third.

Our goal is to be done by the next meeting, so this work is on a
different time scale than the BIFF BOF work.

Cheers,
Glenn.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cullen Jennings [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 9:25 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Notifications] Reading list for BOF

Agenda
    TBD

Email List:
     [email-masked]

Email Archive:

Reading List

BOF Description

Draft Charter
     TBD