Subject: [Notifications] Enterprise MWI Use Case

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:17:26 -0500

Phase 1:

Enterprise phones have a little red light on them. This light should  
be on if, and only if, the the email store as any unseen message that  
contain voicemails. I don't really know the precise term for "unseen"  
or "voicemail" mean in this context so hopefully someone can provide  
the right term. On average, this light changes state less than a 6  
times per day. A large system would have less than 100,000 phones  
receiving notifications. The network environment is typically 100Mbps  
although sometimes remote offices with a less than 500 phones will be  
on a slower WAN link. When the state on the email store changes, the  
red light needs to change in less than 10 seconds and changing in  
under 2 seconds is desirable. If a phone is power cycled, the state  
of the red light after the power cycle needs to be correct and can  
not wait for the next time the state changes.

_______________________________________________
Notifications mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/notifications

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 07:44:46 -0500

I can help on the what is "voicemail": see RFC 3458.

> not wait for the next time the state changes.

Notice:  This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information  of  BEA Systems,  Inc.,  its subsidiaries  and  affiliated entities,  that may be confidential,  proprietary,  copyrighted  and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.