Subject: [OAUTH-WG] -03 IETF URN Sub-Namespace for OAuth published

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 12:34:56 -0600

"An IETF URN Sub-Namespace for OAuth" draft -03 has been published and
is available at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns-03

Changes (listed below as well as in the document history) from the
previous version were made in response to AD review and the subsequent
discussion prompted by that review.

The intent of the document remains unchanged (to create and register
an IETF URN Sub-namespace of urn:ietf:params:oauth and allow OAuth
related specs to establish and use URIs underneath it) but the actual
text in the doc has changed significantly. So additional review
(particularly by those involved in the discussion yesterday) would be
very much appreciated.

draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns-03 changes:

   o  Changes to address comments in the message "AD review of
      draft-ietf-oauth-urn-sub-ns-02" at
      http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/oauth/current/msg09350.html
      and subsequent messages in that thread

   o  Update area and workgroup (now Security and OAuth was Internet and
      nothing)

   o  Change from informational to standards-track

   o  Requesting new URNs now more lightweight by changing from 'RFC
      Required' to 'Expert Review' (RFC5226)

   o  Rework much of the document to be more clear about it registering
      the urn:ietf:params:oauth URN sub-namespace and separately how
      other documents are to request URNs under that sub-namespace.

   o  Removed everything about asking the IANA to generate any part of
      the URN.

   o  Added an Example Registration Request

   o  Added reference to OAuth security considerations in security
      considerations.

   o  Added Acknowledgements

Thanks,
Brian