Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-device-flow-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 09:46:20 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Device Flow for Browserless and Input Constrained Devices
        Authors         : William Denniss
                          John Bradley
                          Michael B. Jones
                          Hannes Tschofenig
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-device-flow-04.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-02-27

Abstract:
   This OAuth 2.0 authorization flow for browserless and input
   constrained devices, often referred to as the device flow, enables
   OAuth clients to request user authorization from devices that have an
   Internet connection, but don't have an easy input method (such as a
   smart TV, media console, picture frame, or printer), or lack a
   suitable browser for a more traditional OAuth flow.  This
   authorization flow instructs the user to perform the authorization
   request on a secondary device, such as a smartphone.  There is no
   requirement for communication between the constrained device and the
   user's secondary device.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-device-flow/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-device-flow-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-device-flow-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: William Denniss <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 10:14:32 -0800

My coauthors and I posted draft 04 of the OAuth 2.0 Device Flow for
Browserless and Input Constrained Devices draft today.

Key changes:

   1. Title updated to reflect specificity of devices that use this flow.
   2. User interaction section expanded.
   3. OAuth 2.0 Metadata
   <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-discovery> for the device
   authorization endpoint added.
   4. User interaction section expanded.
   5. Security Considerations section added.
   6. Usability Considerations section added.

Please give it a look!

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 9:46 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth
>