Subject: [OAUTH-WG] Conclusion of 'OAuth Security Topics' Call for Adoption

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 12:02:42 +0100

Hi all,

earlier this month we issued a call for adoption of the OAuth security
topics draft, see draft-lodderstedt-oauth-security-topics-00, and the
response was quite positive on the list (as well as during the last f2f
meeting).

For this reason, we ask the authors to submit a WG version of the
document and to discuss new content for the document in preparation for
the next meeting.

Note that the intention of the document is to discuss security topics as
they relate to the work in the OAuth working group. As this initial
document already does, it describes a problem statement and outlines
various ways to mitigate the problems. I expect the working group to
decide which solution approach is most appropriate and to detail it (at
a specification level) in a separate document (some of those documents
already exist in the working group). This should help us make decisions
that are not just point solutions for specific problems but rather
consider the big picture.

Ciao
Hannes & Derek