Subject: [OAUTH-WG] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6749 (4945)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 12:47:18 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6749,
"The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6749&eid=4945

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Abhimanyu Singh Gaur <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1.4

Original Text
-------------
If the access token request is valid and authorized, the
   authorization server issues an access token and optional refresh
   token as described in Section 5.1.  If the request client
   authentication failed or is invalid, the authorization server returns
   an error response as described in Section 5.2.

Corrected Text
--------------
If the access token request is valid and authorized, the
   authorization server issues an access token and optional refresh
   token as described in Section 5.1.  If the request failed client
   authentication or is invalid, the authorization server returns
   an error response as described in Section 5.2.

Notes
-----
In the 2nd line, "request failed" makes more sense than the original text.
The 1st paragraph of section 5 in the document and the para just before section 5 also state "If the request failed client authentication or ..." instead of what is currently mentioned in section 4.1.4.

It is just a typing mistake, I think the words got exchanged during typing.
Please, correct it.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6749 (draft-ietf-oauth-v2-31)
--------------------------------------
Title               : The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : D. Hardt, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Web Authorization Protocol
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG