Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 10:09:38 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework: JWT Secured Authorization Request (JAR)
        Authors         : Nat Sakimura
                          John Bradley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2017-02-13

Abstract:
   The authorization request in OAuth 2.0 described in RFC 6749 utilizes
   query parameter serialization, which means that Authorization Request
   parameters are encoded in the URI of the request and sent through
   user agents such as web browsers.  While it is easy to implement, it
   means that (a) the communication through the user agents are not
   integrity protected and thus the parameters can be tainted, and (b)
   the source of the communication is not authenticated.  Because of
   these weaknesses, several attacks to the protocol have now been put
   forward.

   This document introduces the ability to send request parameters in a
   JSON Web Token (JWT) instead, which allows the request to be signed
   with JSON Web Signature (JWS) and/or encrypted with JSON Web
   Encryption (JWE) so that the integrity, source authentication and
   confidentiality property of the Authorization Request is attained.
   The request can be sent by value or by reference.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Denis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2017 16:32:59 +0100

Nat,

This new version 12 contains nice editorial improvements. However, you 
have not yet responded to my email
from February 9 th sent during the LC which contains substantial comments.

Denis

> _______________________________________________
> OAuth mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

---

From: "Nat Sakimura" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 00:42:43 +0900

Hi Denis, 

Your Feb. 9 mail came too late for this round of edit as all the edits
except dates were done by Feb. 8. 
Since then, I am continuously travelling and has been a bit challenging to
send out the response apart from doing a routine posting of the draft. 

Will respond to your Feb. 9 mail shortly. 

Nat

--
このメールは、本来の宛先の方のみに限定された機密情報が含まれてい
る場合がございます。お心あたりのない場合は、送信者にご連絡のうえ、
このメールを削除して下さいますようお願い申し上げます。
PLEASE READ :This e-mail is confidential and intended for the
named recipient only. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender  and delete this e-mail.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: OAuth [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Denis
> Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 12:33 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-jwsreq-12.txt
> 
> Nat,
> 
have
> not yet responded to my email from February 9 th sent during the LC which
> contains substantial comments.
> 
> Denis
> 
> > Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> > submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
> tools.ietf.org.
> >