Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 13:26:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : Mutual TLS Profiles for OAuth Clients
        Authors         : Brian Campbell
                          John Bradley
                          Nat Sakimura
                          Torsten Lodderstedt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-05-26

Abstract:
   This document describes Transport Layer Security (TLS) mutual
   authentication using X.509 certificates as a mechanism for both OAuth
   client authentication to the token endpoint as well as for sender
   constrained access to OAuth protected resources.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 14:34:28 -0600

A new draft of "Mutual TLS Profiles for OAuth Clients" has been
published. The changes from the previous version are summarized below.

   draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01>

   o  Added more explicit details of using RFC 7662
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7662> token introspection
      with mutual TLS sender constrained access tokens.
   o  Added an IANA OAuth Token Introspection Response Registration
      request for "cnf".
   o  Specify that tls_client_auth_subject_dn and
      tls_client_auth_root_dn are RFC 4514
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc4514> String Representation
of
      Distinguished Names.
   o  Changed tls_client_auth_issuer_dn to tls_client_auth_root_dn.
   o  Changed the text in the Section 3
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01#section-3>
to not be specific about using a
      hash of the cert.
   o  Changed the abbreviated title to 'OAuth Mutual TLS' (previously
      was the acronym MTLSPOC).

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, May 26, 2017 at 2:26 PM
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-01.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth