Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 05:31:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol of the IETF.

        Title           : OAuth 2.0 Token Binding
        Authors         : Michael B. Jones
                          John Bradley
                          Brian Campbell
                          William Denniss
	Filename        : draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding-04.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2017-07-03

Abstract:
   This specification enables OAuth 2.0 implementations to apply Token
   Binding to Access Tokens, Authorization Codes, and Refresh Tokens.
   This cryptographically binds these tokens to a client's Token Binding
   key pair, possession of which is proven on the TLS connections over
   which the tokens are intended to be used.  This use of Token Binding
   protects these tokens from man-in-the-middle and token export and
   replay attacks.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Brian Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 06:39:56 -0600

Draft -04 of OAuth 2.0 Token Binding
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding-04> has been
published with the following updates:

   o  Define how to convey token binding information of an access token
      via RFC 7662 OAuth 2.0 Token Introspection (note that the
      Introspection Response Registration request for cnf/Confirmation
      is in https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-mtls-02#section-4.3
      which will likely be published and registered prior
      to this document).

   o  Minor editorial fixes.

   o  Added an open issue about needing to allow for web server clients
      to opt-out of having refresh tokens bound while still allowing for
      binding of access tokens (following from mention of the problem on
      slide 16 of the presentation from Chicago
      https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-oauth-sessb-
<https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-oauth-sessb-token-binding-00.pdf>
      token-binding-00.pdf
<https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/slides/slides-98-oauth-sessb-token-binding-00.pdf>).

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 6:31 AM
Subject: [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-token-binding-04.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Authorization Protocol of the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
OAuth mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/oauth

-- 
*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged 
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, 
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have 
received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately 
by e-mail and delete the message and any file attachments from your 
computer. Thank you.*