Subject: [Simple] helping to make progress on "what is a tuple"

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:15:38 -0400

Folks,

I fear that we are going to have difficulty making progress on "what is 
a tuple" until we have a concrete set of things we want to represent 
with tuples. I would suggest we informally collect such a set of 
"requirements" over email, so we can weigh any proposal against the set 
of things we want to umambigously represent.

So, here is my initial list to start discussion:

* the user is available for voice and video, but not IM
* the user has a cell phone, which is available for voice and IM, and 
also a PC, which is available for IM
* the user has a cell phone, available for voice, at a specific 
geographic locale
* the user is available by email, and also available by IM on a cell 
phone and PC

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Scientist                             Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 11:21:39 -0400

RPIDS already allows more complicated relationships, such as "I'm 
available through my colleague", so we might want to consider those as well.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 14:36:20 -0400

Jonathan,

I agree that use cases often help. In addition to those you suggest, 
here is another:

* user is available on a PC for IM, and also has voice support on the 
PC, but is currently in a voice call and unavailable for another voice 
call. User is also available (for voice only) on a desk phone.