Subject: [Simple] Queries regarding presence information

From: "subramanyam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:27:03

Hi All,
	I need some clarifications regarding the  messages sent/received in
Presence Service.The queries are as follows

1.If a PUBLISH message is sent by the presentity to the Presence Server,how will
the Presence Server differentiate whether the tuples in the presence document
correspond to a particular watcher?

A PUBLISH message is generated by the presentity in two cases .

case 1 : on receipt of a NOTIFY (winfo).
         ---> if the PUBLISH contains tuples for all the watchers mentioned
	      in the NOTIFY (winfo) then how does the Presence Agent 
	      differentiate between the tuples in the PUBLISH message
	      i.e., which tuple for which watcher...??
              
case 2 : when ever there is a change in the presence information for a 
	  particular watcher.
	----> if the PUBLISH message comes with more than one tuple then 
	      how will the watcher distinguish which tuple to take from the 
	      NOTIFY message it receives from the Presence Server.
        ----> how do we know which watcher the PUBLISH message is addressed to,
	      in the absence of the Facet header...??

Regards,
V.Subramanyam

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:59:32 -0400

inline.

> correspond to a particular watcher?

There is nothing in the publication which itself says that a tuple is 
destined for one watcher over another. We used to have this, by using 
the "facet" header. However, instead, you will merely set the 
authorization policy to send some tuples to some watchers, other tuples 
to other watchers. Tuples are identified by an attribute (descriebd in 
the rpids draft) which the authorization policy will allow you to use.

> in the absence of the Facet header...??

There is no different in these cases as far as the presence server is 
concerned. In all cases the authorization policy is used to determine 
which watchers will get which tuples.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Scientist                             Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple