Subject: [Simple] updated data requirements I-D

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 02:46:01 -0400

I've submitted an update to the data requirements I-D, based on some 
list and private comments since the last version. I also tried to reduce 
the scope a bit. Until it appears in the archives, you can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-data-req-02.txt

The changes since -01 are:

* changed the model to show a R/W interface from the server to the DB.

* added a requirement that the presentity collection can also be a
network address book

* added a requirement to be able to retrieve your list of presentity
collections.

* added a requirement to associate a display name with a collection

* added a requirement to be able to differentiate between a collection
entry which is a presentity vs. another collection.

* added some extensibility requirements

* removed policy requirements based on the contents of
filters in the subscription. This is because filters are still
immmature at this time, and I wanted to reduce the scope of the data
manipulation work a bit.

* removed the requirement for time-of-day based acceptance policies.

* removed the requirement to support intermediaries in the
protocol. This seemed to be consensus based on discussion in San
Francisco.

* added a requirement that acceptance policies can be used for
subscriptions to packages besides presence.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                600 Lanidex Plaza
Chief Scientist                             Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
dynamicsoft
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple