Subject: [Simple] Protocol Action: A Presence Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:30:58 -0400

The IESG has approved the Internet-Drafts 'A Presence Event Package for 
the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)' <draft-ietf-simple-presence-10.txt>, 
'A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Template-Package for Watcher 
Information' <draft-ietf-simple-winfo-package-05.txt> and 'An Extensible 
Markup Language (XML) Based Format for Watcher Information' 
<draft-ietf-simple-winfo-format-04.txt> as Proposed Standards. 

These documents are products of the SIP for Instant Messaging and 
Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group. The IESG contact persons 
are Ned Freed and Patrik Faltstrom.

Technical Summary

The main document describes the usage of the Session Initiation 
Protocol (SIP) for subscriptions and notifications of presence. 
Subscriptions and notifications of presence are supported by defining 
an event package within the general SIP event notification framework. 
The supporting documents define the watcher information 
template-package, and an XML document format for the state of watchers 
on a resource.

Working Group Summary

There was consensus for these documents in the working group.

Protocol Quality

The documents were reviewed for the IESG by Patrik Faltstrom and 
Allison Mankin.

RFC Editor Note:

Replace the first paragraph in section 5, which currently reads:

A presentity is identified in the most general way through a presence
URI [3], which is of the form pres:user@domain. These URIs are
protocol independent. They are resolved to protocol specific URIs,
such as a SIP or SIPS URI, through domain-specific mapping policies.

with:

A presentity is identified in the most general way through a presence
URI [3], which is of the form pres:user@domain. These URIs are
such as a SIP or SIPS URI, through domain-specific mapping policies 
maintained on the server.

(i.e., add the text "maintained on the server" to the end of the last 
sentence).
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple