Subject: [Simple] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-donovan-publish-requirements-00.txt

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:41:45 -0400

This is a heads up on a recently published draft.

This draft is an attempt to capture the requirements for a proposed
extension the SIP protocol.  This extension would formalize a publish or
data upload method for SIP related data.  This extension would be used for
uploading CPL scripts, for publishing presence documents or for clients to
send other SIP service related data to a SIP server.

While this work directly impacts the SIMPLE working group (which is why I
included the SIMPLE mailing list on this message), I believe that this is a
general purpose discussion.  As such, I would suggest that the discussion
occur on the SIPPING mailing list.

If you respond to this email, please removing the SIMPLE working group email
address before doing so.

Regards,

Steve

---
Steven R. Donovan
Architect                           dynamicsoft                         
mailto:[email-masked]     5100 Tennyson Parkway
sip:[email-masked]    Plano, Texas 75025
tel:+1-972-473-5469                 http://www.dynamicsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 5:49 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-donovan-publish-requirements-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Requirements for Publication of SIP related
service 
                          data
	Author(s)	: S. Donovan
	Filename	: draft-donovan-publish-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 06-Sep-01
	
This document defines the requirements for a proposed extension to
the Session Initiation Protocol [1].  This extension would provide a
general-purpose mechanism for uploading service related data.  For
instance, there is currently the need to upload or publish CPL to SIP
Proxies and presence documents to SIP Presence Servers.
This document does NOT outline an extension to SIP to handle these
requirements.  The author is attempting to follow the guidelines that
requirements should be defined and agreed to before work on the an
extension begins.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-donovan-publish-requirements-00.tx
t

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-donovan-publish-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-donovan-publish-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:41:47 -0400