Subject: [Simple] updated presence spec

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 01:48:19 -0500

Folks,

I've just submitted an update to the main presence spec. Until it
appears in the archives, you can grab a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-presence-05.txt

The changes since -04 are:

  * alignment with sip-events-04
  * alignment with bis-09
  * removal of 3/4 examples, remaining example doesn't show PIDF any
more (we kept getting out of sync)
  * additional words on security, mentioning the new SIPS and S/MIME
capabilities for SIP
  * removal of text redundant with sip-events and bis
  * added a recommendation that PUA implement this package, to allow for
a PA to obtain user presence by subscribing to the various PUA
  * added formal IANA registration of the presence package
  * broke references into normative and informative
  * added 2119 terminology section

This document had already completed working group last call, and was
merely parked behind sip-events. Now that those are done, we can move
forward.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com