Subject: [Simple] draft-rosenberg-simple-components-00.txt (Realtime Authorization)

From: "Li Hua Tang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:11:34 +0800

Jonathan,

Thanks for your indication to user presence status. I find related
definition in RFC2778.

One more question about realtime authorization.

If the presentity has subscribed for winfo event, the PS can send the
pending wacther status to the presentity to ask for authorization. But if
the presentity didn't do so at early time, how can the PS notify it of a
waiting authorization? I read the draft about QAUTH, but it seems a too old
draft and I don't know whether it's still valid (or adopted by other
vendors) now?

Best regards,

Tang Lihua
Research Member, Infrastructure Technology
IBM China Research Lab.
Phone: (8610)62986677-542 Tie line: 905-542
Email:  [email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 00:19:33 -0500

Li Hua Tang wrote:
> waiting authorization?

If the presentity wants to find out about waiting or pending
subscriptions, it needs to subscribe to, or fetch, watcherinfo. If the
presentity doesn't subscribe or fetch the watcherinfo, it won't know,
and there is no way for the server to tell it.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com