Subject: [Simple] Clarification

From: "Ngo, Dai (c)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:17:57 +0000

Hi All,

In section 3, "Overview of Operation" of the
draft-ietf-simple-presence-01.txt it states, 
"The SUBSCRIBE message effectively establishes a session with the
   presence agent. As a result, the SUBSCRIBE can be record-routed, and
   rules for tag handling and Contact processing mirror those for
   INVITE. "

However, in section 5, "Node Behavior" of draft-ietf-sip-events-00.txt it
states,
"Unless noted otherwise, SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY requests follow the
     same protocol rules governing the usage of tags, Route,
     Record-Route, Via handling, retransmission, reliability, CSeq
     handling, Contact handling, provisional responses, and message
     formatting as those defined in RFC 2543 [1] for BYE."

Please note the difference of INVITE in the first draft versus BYE in the
second draft.

Which one is correct? Please clarify.
Thanks.

-- Dai Ngo