Subject: [Simple] Interdomain presence

From: Deepankar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 14:59:42 +0800

Folks,

In case of a softswitch based presence solution, If the PA is co-located with the Proxy/Registrar with the Softswitch, then what mechanisms are there for it, to know of the presence of users homed in a different Softswitch.

Deeps

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 12:03:55 -0500

A PUA can publish presence to any PA using the SIP PUBLISH method. You 
can find the current I-D for this at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-olson-simple-publish-01.txt

whether you call the PA a softswitch or not is irrelevant.

-Jonathan R.

Deepankar wrote:
> Folks,
>  
> In case of a softswitch based presence solution, If the PA is co-located 
> with the Proxy/Registrar with the Softswitch, then what mechanisms are 
> there for it, to know of the presence of users homed in a different 
> Softswitch.
>  
> Deeps

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com