Subject: [Simple] Howt to deal with Notifications when having multiple PUAs for a presentity

From: "Lamine Brahimi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:14:15 +0100

Dear all,
Thanks for previous advices.
I have a specific question:

I allow my presentity to have several PUAs thus several presence-Info (one
per PUA identified by a Contact-address in the Contact-Header  in the
REGISTER msg etc ...).
 It is the presence server (colocated with the registrar)  that aggregates
all presence-Info of a presentity and NOTIFY the watchers.
 What should the presence server do if a presentity PUA (identified by a
contact-address) is not updated and thus expires ????
Can we consider that as an update of presence Info?
Should I notify all the watchers with all the the remaining PUAs
presence-Info only?
Should I notify all the watchers with all the PUAs and a status "NOT FOUND"
(see rfc 2778) for the one which has expired?
Should I do nothing and wait for a "true" presence-Info change to notify
watchers ?

Or, in order to avoid that, can we consider a REGISTER-refresh to update
ALL the presentity Contact-addresses (even they are not all
present in ther Contact header) and symetrically  the same thing for an
unregistration?
It does not follow exactly the spec but it avoids a lot of complexity?

Thanks for the help/
Regards,
Lamine.