Subject: [Simple] Requirements for SIP Capabilities in PIDF

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:19:25 -0400

The following draft is now available on the server.

Several of us believe that when using presence with sip in general (as opposed to using it solely for IM), more information is required for the presence client to operate effectively. This is a start at defining requirements for what added information is required and how it should relate to other sip usage.

I believe this is the proper wg in which to discuss this.

	Thanks,
	Paul

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-kyzivat-simple-prescaps-reqts-00.txt
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 07:33:26 -0400
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Requirements for SIP Capabilities in PIDF
	Author(s)	: P. Kyzivat
	Filename	: draft-kyzivat-simple-prescaps-reqts-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2002-10-16
	
This document sets forth requirements for the definition of elements 
for representation of SIP specific features within the Presence 
Information Data Format (PIDF), as well as for guidelines on how to 
use these new elements with PIDF to represent the capabilities of a 
SIP User Agent Server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kyzivat-simple-prescaps-reqts-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-kyzivat-simple-prescaps-reqts-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-kyzivat-simple-prescaps-reqts-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.