Subject: [Simple] Question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:34:23 +0200

Hi,

 I'm an Italian student working on the SCTP.

 I would try to work on this argument: 

 -Instant messaging on SCTP. 

 Is there someone who is working on this arguments?

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 03:25:04 -0400

None of the current proposals use SCTP for IM. However, I happen to 
think its a good idea. Since SCTP is message oriented, it provides 
framing for you, which is good for IM, especially when used with 
persistent connections. You could also send each IM on a separate 
stream, avoiding HOL blocking of a small IM behind a large one.

-Jonathan R.

[email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> simple mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple
> 

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com