Subject: RE: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

From: "Ngo, Dai (c)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 14:45:17 +0000

Adam,

I understand that there is not a one-to-one mapping between gateways for
CPIM and SIP.

One thing I'm not sure of: "In order to conform to the SIP for Presence
standard a final NOTIFY to the watcher, after sending 200/202 response, is
required."

Is it correct?

For CPIM to SIP gateway function, is it the right the order?

a) a poll of presence state, and
b) a request to unsubscribe from presence state.

If so, does a) mean sending a fetch operation?

Thanks and regards,

Dai Ngo 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 1:27 PM
To: Ngo, Dai (c); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

You have to realize that gateways from SIP presence domains into other
presence
domains may very well need to perform something other than a one-to-one
mapping.

In this case, a SIP message to unsubscribe from a users presence will be
translated to two operations:

a) a poll of presence state, and
b) a request to unsubscribe from presence state.

/a

-----Original Message-----
From: Ngo, Dai (c) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 10:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

In section 3.4.3 (The Unsubscribe Operation) of the
draft-ietf-impp-cpim-01.txt
it says, "Otherwise, the in-progress subscribe operation for the application
is
terminated, and a response operation having status "success" is invoked by
the
service. ". According to this paragraph there is no notification is required
to
communicate the final status of the target.

However in section 5.1.5.3 (Unsubscribing) of the
draft-roach-sip-subscribe-notify-03.txt it says, "Note that a successful
unsubscription will also trigger a final "NOTIFY". " It seems to me for
SIMPLE
a final NOTIFY is required to be sent to the watcher.
But, by reviewing in section 7 (Mapping to CPIM) of the
draft-ietf-simple-presence-00.txt there is no mention of sending a final
NOTIFY
to the watcher either.
Any clarification is appreciated.
Thanks.
Dai Ngo

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:38:10 -0500

The order in which they are sent should not matter (assuming a poll is valid
in an unsubscribed state, which I beleive it is).

/a

-----Original Message-----
From: Ngo, Dai (c) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 9:45 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

Adam,
I understand that there is not a one-to-one mapping between gateways for CPIM
and SIP.
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 1:27 PM
To: Ngo, Dai (c); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

You have to realize that gateways from SIP presence domains into other presence
-----Original Message-----
From: Ngo, Dai (c) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 10:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

In section 3.4.3 (The Unsubscribe Operation) of the draft-ietf-impp-cpim-01.txt
it says, "Otherwise, the in-progress subscribe operation for the application is
terminated, and a response operation having status "success" is invoked by the
service. ". According to this paragraph there is no notification is required to
communicate the final status of the target.
However in section 5.1.5.3 (Unsubscribing) of the
draft-roach-sip-subscribe-notify-03.txt it says, "Note that a successful
unsubscription will also trigger a final "NOTIFY". " It seems to me for SIMPLE
a final NOTIFY is required to be sent to the watcher.
But, by reviewing in section 7 (Mapping to CPIM) of the
draft-ietf-simple-presence-00.txt there is no mention of sending a final NOTIFY
to the watcher either.
Any clarification is appreciated.
Thanks.
Dai Ngo