Subject: [Simple] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-im-session-00.txt

From: "Petri K. Koskelainen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 19:49:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

This draft defines how a SIP session exchanging MESSAGE requests 
is signaled but what about non-MESSAGE sessions..

Would it be possible to add a short statement to the draft 
defining how non-MESSAGE sessions are established?

For example, I may setup a SIP session and use DO or MYOWNREQUEST 
methods inside the session (for whatever reason).

Currently SDP m line looks something like this for MESSAGE:
m=message 5061 sip sip:user@mypc

Best way to establish a non-MESSAGE session seems to be like this:
m=message 5062 sip sip:user@mypc;method=DO

It would be nice to generalize this draft further and add
something like this to the draft:
"The default method, if not otherwise specified, is the MESSAGE
but other requests may be specified in the SIP URL."

BR,
Petri