Subject: [Simple] Symposium on IP Telephony: ICC 2002 / IPTel 2002

From: Elliot Eichen <[email-masked]> (by way of Kerry Sethares <[email-masked]>)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 13:01:24 -0400

Dear Colleague:

As part of the IEEE Conference on Communications (ICC 2002), and

in combination with IPTel 2002, a symposium on IP Telephony and

Voice Over IP will be held in New York City, 28 April - 2 May,

2002.  This symposium is part of Symposium G: Multimedia Services and

VoIP - Services and Technologies.  Participation in this symposium is

open to all registrants of ICC 2002 (i.e., separate registration is

not required).  Please note that the paper submission deadline for the

symposium has been extended to 3 September 2001.

Papers submitted for consideration should focus on topics

related to IP Telephony services, and the technologies needed to

implement those services.  Examples of topics of interest

include:

Architecture and Protocols:

- Advanced Feature/Call Routing

- Protocol Interoperability

- Network Scalability and Reliability

Network Interworking

- 3G Wireless

- PSTN

Applications and Services

- IP-PBX / IP-Centrex

- Messaging and Presence

- Call Centers

- Conferencing

- IP-Telephone over Broadband Access

- Desktop Integration and IP Telephony

- Internet Gaming

Security

- Privacy and Encryption

- Authorization and Authentication

- Firewalls

- Regulatory Requirements

Operations Support Systems

- Network Configuration and Management

- Service Creation and Provisioning

- Accounting

Pilots and Deployments

- Advanced Applications

- Performance/Scalability/Robustness

- User Experience

Quality of Service

- WAN/LAN/Application Layer QoS

- Voice/Video Coding and Transmission

The paper submission schedule and process is the same as for the

general ICC 2002 conference.  When submitting your paper through the

Automated Paper Submission System (all papers must be submitted

electronically), please note that themes for IP Telephony and VoIP are

G10 through G16 on the drop down menu.

Important Sites:

----------------

Call for Papers, Symposium on Multimedia and VoIP:

http://www.icc2002.com/MultimediaSymp.html

Instructions for Authors:

http://www.icc2002.com/InfoForAuthors.html

ICC 2002:

http://www.icc2002.com/

IPTel 2002

http://www.iptel.org/2002/

Best Regards:

Elliot Eichen

Co-Chair, Symposium on Multimedia and VoIP - Services and

Technologies