Subject: RE: [Simple] Question on the List of Supported Presence Data Form at and MIME T ypes

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:08:15 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Ngo, Dai (c) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 10:59 AM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [Simple] Question on the List of Supported Presence Data Format and
MIME T ypes

>Hi All, 
>In section "5.4 NOTIFY Bodies" of the "draft-ietf-simple-presence-01.txt"
it states, 
>   "The body of the notification contains a presence document. This 
>   document describes the user presence of the presentity that was 
>   subscribed to. All subscribers MUST support the presence data format 
>   described in [fill in with IMPP document TBD], and MUST list its MIME 
>   type, [fill in with MIME type] in an Accept header present in the 
>   SUBSCRIBE request." 
>Does anyone have any information about the list of the presence data
formats and the MIME 
>types that will be supported by SIMPLE?

Funny you should ask. I am in the process right now of updating this spec,
and will submit it hopefully today. One of the things in the update is the
filling in of the TBD sections. At IETF 51, impp decided that:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-cpim-pidf-00.txt

would be the basis of work moving forward on the presence data format. So, I
have referenced this document and its associated MIME type,
application/cpim-pidf+xml.

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com