Subject: [Simple] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-impp-presence-01.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:19:56 -0500

Folks,

As you can see, I've updated the presence draft. Next rev will be
draft-ietf-simple-presence-00.txt. This is a major rewrite, to reflect
alignment with the sip events stuff and cpim. There are a bunch of open
issues in there, listed at the end. Comments solicited on these issues.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 6:56 AM
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-rosenberg-impp-presence-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: SIP Extensions for Presence
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-rosenberg-impp-presence-01.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 07-Mar-01
	
This document proposes an extension to SIP for subscriptions and
notifications of user presence. User presence is defined as the
willingness and ability of a user to communicate with other users on
the network. Historically, presence has been limited to 'on-line' and
'off-line' indicators; the notion of presence here is broader.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-impp-presence-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-rosenberg-impp-presence-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-rosenberg-impp-presence-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 16:20:03 -0500