Subject: RE: [Simple] collection template

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:02:43 -0500

> From: Ben Campbell [mailto:[email-masked]]
>
> If I susbscrbe to "collection" 
> without an event scope, I now have to expect NOTIFY requests for 
> arbitrary events.

Unless the proposal is something of an overhaul of event processing
(which I advise against), your NOTIFY messages would be NOTIFY for
the event "collection" under Jonathan's proposal.

I've got to admit, I share Ben and Sean's reservations about this
approach.

/a

---

From: Rohan Mahy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 17:22:51 -0700

I found this culling through half-finished replies....

> I've got to admit, I share Ben and Sean's reservations about this

I am likewise concerned by treating collections as a package.  The 
multiple-event type especially bothers me.  I'm with Adam and Sean.  A 
collection template would clearly work and give us the semantics we 
need.  The package approach is dancing on a slippery slope.  As I add 
to this 2 weeks later I will compare this to the combined 
REGISTER/SUBSCRIBE discussion in SIP.  The arguments for doing a 
package instead of a template are sort of vague and squishy.  Let's 
please just do the template instead.  It will work.

thanks,
-rohan

> /a
> _______________________________________________
> simple mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple