Subject: [Simple] Message draft changes

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 14:16:26 -0500

Hi all,

I submitted draft-ietf-sip-message-04 last week. This version contains a few
AD requested changes, primarily in the area of congestion control.
Specifically:

1) Added an applicability statement clarifying the difference between the
pager and session models, and that this draft only defines the pager model.

2) Strengthened the congestion control section:

   * 1300 byte hard limit for physical payload size for pager model. This
applies to the actual payload only, not indirect content. Fragmenting
content across multiple requests is prohibited for pager model.

   * Overlapping MESSAGE requests outside of dialog but to same request-URI
are prohibited.
   * Overlapping MESSAGE requests inside a dialog are prohibited unless
every hop of the dialog uses a congestion-controlled transport, in which
case the strength is SHOULD NOT.

3) Trimmed the author list and added contributor section.

I do not believe we need to do another WGLC for these changes. Any new
feedback to 04 can be captured as part of the IETF last call.

The draft is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-message-04.txt

Thanks!

Ben.