Subject: [Simple] Can I sent a message to him/her when he/she is off line?

From: Simon <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 09:25:18 +0800

I did not find any statement about this in the instant message protocol
requirement. But I enjoy sending messages to my friends while they are
off line, since it is much more convenient than composing a email.
To enable this, the messages need to be stored in the server and to be
forwarded as soon as possible when the receiptor comes to be online. It
is not difficult to implement this function but it can bring us a lot.

---

From: Michael Hammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:45:41 -0400

Simon,

While we're at it why don't we enable file attachments too????

I'm not sure reinventing all the nuances of an email system are worth 
it.  Besides, when I am waiting for an "instant" message, don't we expect 
an instant response?  For me, the value is lost if the other side is not 
"on-line."

Mike

At 09:25 AM 8/15/2001 +0800, Simon wrote:
>_______________________________________________
>simple mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple