Subject: [Simple] Expires in REGISTER

From: "Hisham Khartabil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 20:59:53 +0300

Hi,

What is the significance of the Expires header in a REGISTER request sent by
the PUA to a PS?

Thanks
Hisham
www.hotsip.com

---

From: "Iliff, Tina" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 19:26:45 +0000

Hisham,

It provides an indication as to when the location specified by the Contact
header value will no longer be a valid location to contact the presentity.
It also provides the time window in which the PUA must re-register if it
wants the location to remain valid.  In the case of Presence, if the watcher
was notified of this location and the Registration expires for the
presentity due to the presentity failing to re-register prior to the
expiration, then it will be notified that the contact location is no longer
valid.

Tina Iliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Hisham Khartabil [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 1:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] Expires in REGISTER

Hi,

Thanks
Hisham
www.hotsip.com

_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple