Subject: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

From: "Ngo, Dai (c)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:35:25 +0000

In section 3.4.3 (The Unsubscribe Operation) of the
draft-ietf-impp-cpim-01.txt it says, "Otherwise, the in-progress subscribe
operation for the application is terminated, and a response operation having
status "success" is invoked by the service. ". According to this paragraph
there is no notification is required to communicate the final status of the
target.
However in section 5.1.5.3 (Unsubscribing) of the
draft-roach-sip-subscribe-notify-03.txt it says, "Note that a successful
unsubscription will also trigger a final "NOTIFY". " It seems to me for
SIMPLE a final NOTIFY is required to be sent to the watcher.
But, by reviewing in section 7 (Mapping to CPIM) of the
draft-ietf-simple-presence-00.txt there is no mention of sending a final
NOTIFY to the watcher either.
Any clarification is appreciated.
Thanks.
Dai Ngo

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:27:17 -0500

You have to realize that gateways from SIP presence domains into other presence
domains may very well need to perform something other than a one-to-one
mapping.

In this case, a SIP message to unsubscribe from a users presence will be
translated to two operations:

a) a poll of presence state, and
b) a request to unsubscribe from presence state.

/a

-----Original Message-----
From: Ngo, Dai (c) [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 10:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] Unsubscribe Operation Question

In section 3.4.3 (The Unsubscribe Operation) of the draft-ietf-impp-cpim-01.txt
it says, "Otherwise, the in-progress subscribe operation for the application is
terminated, and a response operation having status "success" is invoked by the
service. ". According to this paragraph there is no notification is required to
communicate the final status of the target.

However in section 5.1.5.3 (Unsubscribing) of the
draft-roach-sip-subscribe-notify-03.txt it says, "Note that a successful
unsubscription will also trigger a final "NOTIFY". " It seems to me for SIMPLE
a final NOTIFY is required to be sent to the watcher.
But, by reviewing in section 7 (Mapping to CPIM) of the
draft-ietf-simple-presence-00.txt there is no mention of sending a final NOTIFY
to the watcher either.
Any clarification is appreciated.
Thanks.
Dai Ngo