Subject: [Simple] Response to Unsubscription

From: "Lamine Brahimi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:44:21 +0100

Dear all,

What response: NOTIFY, 200 OK or both do we have to send when receiving an
unsubscription ?
It is not clear in the latest draft
Thanks,
Lamine.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:49:54 -0500

I thought it was clear. There is no special UNSUBSCRIBE - it is simply a
variant of SUBSCRIBE, so the responses must be consistent with that.
Like any request, it must receive a response, so you must send a 200 OK.
Then, because it is a SUBSCRIBE, you must also send a NOTIFY. Then the
subscription is gone, so you are done.

	Paul

Lamine Brahimi wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> simple mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Bob Penfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 13:00:03 -0500

draft-ietf-sip-events-03.txt section 4.1.4.3 states:

     Unsubscribing is handled in the same way as refreshing of a
     subscription, with the "Expires" header set to "0". Note that a
     successful unsubscription will also trigger a final NOTIFY
     message.

The notifier sends a 200 OK (successful) response to the SUBSCRIBE and sends
the final NOTIFY.

cheers,
(-:bob

Robert F. Penfield
Chief Software Architect
Acme Packet, Inc.
130 New Boston Street
Woburn, MA 01801
[email-masked]