Subject: [Simple] any SIP progress in devices?

From: "Li Hua Tang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:41:17 +0800

Hi, all

I'd like to know how about SIP work on sessions involving in multiple
devices and server resources. My interesting points includes how to
exchange the events among devices, how to control Prompt Players, Text to
Speech, and Speech Recognition Engines.

Thanks very much for your information.

Best regards,

Tang Lihua
IBM China Research Lab.
Email:  [email-masked]

---

From: "Avshalom Houri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:07:21 +0200

> Speech, and Speech Recognition Engines.

Following information sent by Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]> 
may be of interest:

Avshalom Houri
Lotus Sametime, IBM

-------------------------------------------------------

As discussed during the IETF, here is the I-D on 

SIP Telephony Device Requirements, Configuration and Data

   This informational I-D describes the requirements for SIP Telephony 
   devices, based on the deployment experience of large numbers of SIP 
   phones and PC clients using different implementations. The document 
   reviews the generic requirements for SIP telephony devices, the 
   automatic device configuration process, the device configuration data

   and examples for XML configuration data formats.

The I-D will be published in the IETF archive and can also be found at 

http://www.sipforum.org/ietfdrafts/draft-somefolks-sipdevices-req-00.txt

Send an email to [email-masked] with the word
"subscribe" in the body to subscribe to the list or use this link.

After you have subscribe to the SIP Forum Devices Work Group mailing
list, you can access the SIP Devices WG email archives by visiting
http://www.freelists.org/archives/sipdevices/. 

The authors would really appeciate your comments. Please feel free to
share with anyone interested in the company.