Subject: [Simple] Expires: 0 in a SUBSCRIBE

From: Torrey Searle <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:05:02 +0100

Should Expires: 0 be treated as a special case?  Generally 
unscubscription is treated by the draft as a regular subscription 
update.  However, it seems that in the current draft, treating 
Unscription as regular re-subscription can cause a problem of "423 
Interval too brief" to be generated.

I think that an Expiration time of 0 should be given special meaning and 
explicitly be exempt from the subscription length checks.

Torrey Searle
Indigo Software
[email-masked]

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 14:13:45 -0500

> Interval too brief" to be generated.

It shouldn't. This is clear in bis, at least:

The registrar MAY shorten the expiration interval. If and only if the
expiration interval is greater than 1722
zero AND smaller than one hour AND less than a registrar-configured
minimum, the registrar MAY 1723
reject the registration with a response of 423 (Registration Too Brief).
1724

sip-events seems to have lost this detail when the 423 text was
integrated into the document. That needs to be fixed.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com