Subject: [Simple] "Fetch" of Presence

From: "Sriram Parameswar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:35:35 -0500

Hi all:

I apologize if this has been discussed before (I am desperately trying to
catch up with traffic on this list). Previously an expires=0 in a SUBSCRIBE
indicated a 'fetch'(a one time retrieval) of presence information - the
current draft indicate that this is no longer the case. Instead expires=0 is
a way to indicate an end to the subscription.

I personally think that 'fetch' is an important capability, is there some
way to re-introduce this?

Regards,

Sriram

__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Wireless IP MultiMedia (WIPMM)   Fax: 972-685-3563
Nortel Networks, Richardson USA  Email: [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 10:56:04 -0500

Nothing about the handling of "Expires" has changed in the past
four versions of this draft. Perhaps the following text will
clarify the situation for you.

5.3. Polling Resource State

     A natural consequence of the behavior described in the preceding
     sections is that an immediate fetch without a persistent
     subscription may be effected by sending an appropriate SUBSCRIBE
     with an "Expires" of 0.

     Of course, an immediate fetch while a subscription is active may
     be effected by sending an appropriate SUBSCRIBE with an "Expires"
     greater than 0.

/a

-----Original Message-----
From: Sriram Parameswar [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 10:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] "Fetch" of Presence

Hi all:
I apologize if this has been discussed before (I am desperately trying to catch
up with traffic on this list). Previously an expires=0 in a SUBSCRIBE indicated
a 'fetch'(a one time retrieval) of presence information - the current draft
indicate that this is no longer the case. Instead expires=0 is a way to
indicate an end to the subscription.
I personally think that 'fetch' is an important capability, is there some way
to re-introduce this?
Regards,
Sriram
__________________________________________
Sriram Parameswar              Phone: 972-685-8540
Wireless IP MultiMedia (WIPMM)   Fax: 972-685-3563
Nortel Networks, Richardson USA  Email: [email-masked]