Subject: [Simple] Event header in the Register request

From: "" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:17:33 +0100

Hi all,

In the Scenario "Presence Server with Client notifications",there isn't 
an Event header in the Register Request. I suppose isn't necessary 
because will be the client to inform the watcher if he support(in which 
case he send a 200 OK)or not(in which case he send a 489)a particular 
event,like Presence for example.
In the Scenario "Presence Server with Server notifications",in the 
registration phase,i think its mandatory including an Event header, 
otherwise it is impossible for the server to understand if the 
registration is for Presence,for example, or other event.

salvatore loreto

[email-masked]
www.coritel.it

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 01:34:09 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 4:18 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Event header in the Register request
> 
> 
> Hi all,
> 
> an Event header in the Register Request.

REGISTER doesn't use Event header, only SUBSCRIBE.

> I suppose isn't necessary 

We've discussed this previously. There is no way, when you REGISTER with
caller-preferences indicating support for a method (like SUBSCRIBE) to
indicate packages you support. In such a case, the client would simply
reject subscriptions for packages it didn't support with a 489. SHould this
become a real problem, we could always add a caller preferences parameter
for packages, but I think this is a problem in theory only at this time.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com