Subject: [Simple] How does a Presence Server (acting as a PA) get to know of new users registrations at the proxy/registrar?

From: Nirmalya Ghosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 12:00:04 +0800

Hi All,
I am just wondering how would a Presence Server (PS) acting as a
Presence Agent (PA) get to know of new users' registrations at the
proxy/registrar?

I am referring to a scenario where the PS relies on partner
proxy/registrars for knowledge of new users registering with them, so
that (in future) it can act as a PA on their behalf of those users.

I thought of a few ways:
[1]   The PS has access to the registration database, which it keeps
monitoring at regular intervals for looking for new users. If a new user
is found, then the PS subscribes to the user (basically asking it for
permission to act as its PA).
[2]   The proxy/registrar sends a MESSAGE to the PS, informing it of
each new user registration.
[3]   Assuming that a user registration cud be considered an event, then
perhaps the PS could have subscribed to the proxy/registrar, which would
send a NOTIFY back to the PS every time a new user registered. (I am not
sure of this last option).

Any suggestions?

Thanks & Regards,
Nirmalya