Subject: [Syslog] Status Update

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 10:33:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

I know that the mailing list has been quiet for a while.  This doesn't 
mean that we're not working.  :-)

We have taken the IETF Last Call comments and asked Rainer to integrate 
them into -protocol.  As we've discussed, the definitions in -protocol 
needed to be slightly reworked so that the counters in -mib have specific 
meaning.  We can't have any ambiguity in how things are counted in -mib so 
we need to be very specific in -protocol.  We think we have a clear set of 
definitions now and Rainer is integrating those items into -protocol. We 
should see the revision soon.

We've also asked Glenn to make some revisions to -mib to be consistent 
with -protocol and so that the accounting of packets will work out.

Miao and Yuzhi are integrating the IETF Last Call comments into 
-transport-tls.  They submitted that to the ID Editor a day or so ago 
but David noticed an error that needs to be rectified before we ask the WG 
for final review.

Anton worked-in the IETF Last Call comments and we're satisfied that it is 
ready to go.

Alex is preparing a new ID to address many of the comments received about 
-sign.  We'll be asking for a review of that when it is updated.

Somehow the -3195bis ID got dropped from our list of IDs.  We've asked 
Eliot to resubmit that.  Once we get that in the repository we can review 
it.

Thanks,
Chris & David

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog