Subject: [Syslog] IESG Discusses and Comments

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 07:45:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

David and I have been trying to address the open DISCUSSes on 
-syslog-protocol and -syslog-transport-udp.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/idtracker/ballot/1800/

As an aside: Sam has reviewed -syslog-transport-tls and has asked for some 
modifications.  Miao and Yuzhi are working on those and we expect to get 
that back to the WG for review soon.  Until then, we're pushing forward 
with -protocol and -udp.

I've identified 4 Discuss topics:
- Source Address
- UDP Length
- UDP Checksum
- Congestion Control

For the first three I believe we have some resolution.  The WG needs to 
verify this.  There still seems to be an open issue with the last one.
When I send these out, please comment.

There are also many Comments from the IESG.  Some have resulted in some 
moderate changes, mostly editorial, in the documents.  Others I havn't 
addressed as those are not critical to progressing these documents.

Thanks,
Chris

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog